Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2008 2:50:36 PM EDT
Colleagues - I'm looking for a pistol grip for my AR and I have three criteria.  Thusfar, I've not been able to fine one that meets my specifications and I'd appreciate your good counsel.  My criteria are:
1 - finger goooves (more than one)
2 - rubber outer coat, a la Hogue
3 - closeable storage compartment (not hollow)

Does anyone know of something that does the trick?  Thank you.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 4:01:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 4:11:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Two out of three also might be a Magpul MIAD.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 4:13:37 PM EDT
[#3]
MIAD while by far the most superior AR-15 grip on the market (IMO) does not have multiple finger grooves nor is it rubber coated.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 7:48:38 PM EDT
[#4]
You're right.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 2:36:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Do the Ergos have storage?  Why do you want finger grooves?
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 9:05:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Finger groves are simply a personal preference.  Have them on my AK and Mossberg.  I hate the standard AR pistol grip...a little too small; I like to fill the hand a little more.  

Thanks to research inspired by the feedback here, I found and ordered the Ergo SureGrip, which meets all three of my criteria,

Thank you.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 9:24:54 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm actually wanting to get a grip for mine as well and I was looking really hard at the G-27 grip posted above...it looks like it'll be a good grip.

Anyone with personal experience using it?
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 10:17:43 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm pretty sure you can get grip plugs for Hogue and Ergo, not hinged but still usable for storage.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:19:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:32:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Check out the ERGO SureGrip, It has fit me best, it is better if you have big hands unlike the Houge that will fit a shooter that will always use thick gloves or has small hands as soon as I used mine for the first time I could tell a big difference in how my hand felt, it no longer hurt after shooting for long periods of time and with the overmold you get a very nice grip on the grip, I like the Maid also but I couldnt wait for them to come out with the overmolded model so I went for ERGO SureGrip and it work's best for me. But like a alway's say some things work better for other's then they will for you. But since the cost is good about $20 and the 99% chance you will love the grip I would say go for it.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:34:38 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Finger groves are simply a personal preference.  Have them on my AK and Mossberg.  I hate the standard AR pistol grip...a little too small; I like to fill the hand a little more.  

Thanks to research inspired by the feedback here, I found and ordered the Ergo SureGrip, which meets all three of my criteria,

Thank you.

No prob.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 2:58:23 PM EDT
[#12]
You may want to check out the Troy rifle grip -- no finger groves, but that's only good if the groves are sized for your hands, unless you'd be happy with a gereric fit.  It's used by some Spec Ops guys and that says a lot to me!  I've got two and with the butt storage it's great!
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top