Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/14/2007 6:47:48 PM EDT
I just walked in the door.  On the kitchen counter next to my mail I found a package with my PRM in it.

Pics to follow, but I'm too tired tonight.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 7:20:33 PM EDT
[#1]
As promised, here are a few quick crappy pics and my initial thoughts & comments on the BT12QK.  The package arrived yesterday, intact, 6 days post-credit card charge.  Included in the package was an Accu-Shot hat, and free BT14 sling stud for the PRS.  Kasey emailed a while back that he intended to include these as a thank you to us for being patient.  When's the last time you DIDN'T experience a delay Gen 1 product?!?  Besides, I think I ordered it within 10 minutes of his initial email saying that he was starting a list.  The wait wasn't bad at all.  Also included is Kasey's card and a ussnipers.com ace card sticker.

It would appear that I got the first one!

I'm not going to beat the pictoral to death, so here it is up:

and down:

Here it is as grasped.  It's worth noting that I have smalllllll hands.  I was able to operate the button with my middle finger and lift the stock with my thumb.

If you use your thumb, and don't otherwise support the weight of the stock, it will slip down and bite your finger.  I don't see this as a real risk, when you're using it, you'll likely have the pistol grip in your other hand anyway.  Even when I set up the above picture, it wasn't painful or anything.  There's not a sharp edge to be found.

I installed it on my AR10.  The setup includes a Larue 13.2, ARMS adapter w/ Harris 6-9 swivel bipod.  With the bipod on it's lowest setting and the monopod at the highest, it put the rifle on more of a downslope of ½" per foot.  I measured the muzzle at 7" off the counter.  If my math is on that means you can shoot targets as close at 14' from the muzzle keeping all three points on the ground.

The only non-metal I can find on it is small bottom cap and the washer between the large knob and the locking ring.  I don't have an appropriate scale, but it's lighter than it looks.  

There is no detectable movement in any direction when locked up or down.  I tried, unsuccessfully, to get it to rattle.  

The release button was sticky the first few times operating it.  It has since smoothed out.  Note:  I have yet to put a drop of oil on it.  

Time will tell how tough the quick knob is, but I'm gambling that it will outlast me.  I'd gamble that this could be used to perform dental work, if need be, without issue.  The only caveat is that if it were extended, I don't know how the threads would survive.  Anyone want to let me bludgeon them w/ an AR10 to find out?

I gave it the tried and true "track the cat from across the living room" test.  I don't know if this will make me any more accurate, but I can tell already that it will enable the shooter to build a near sandbag steady position in just a second.  I'd wait for the cat to stop, put the j-point right under his eye, drop the knob to the carpet and you're within a turn or two of being "on".  Letting the weight of the gun push down predictably brings the aiming point up just a bit.  You simply spin the knob to fine tune.

If anyone wants to play with my knob... feel free to do so at FDCC this month!
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 7:24:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I got the standard (no QK) last week and I still have to put my rifle back together (barrel was sent out to be cut) but the quality looks great on it and function as well. I DID not get a free hat though
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 7:11:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Got mine in today, nice to finally have a mono-pod again. That was the only thing I missed after switching to the PRS. Haven't tried it out yet at the range but initial impressions are very good.

Link Posted: 8/17/2007 6:42:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for feedback and for postings the pics!  

I want to clarify that ChuckJaxFL got the hat because his order was the first one we received for this product.  We always try to give our "first" customer something in addition to what they ordered!  And a FYI we do have another project in the works....

BTW, we are shipping the Sling Stud as a gift to all that pre-ordered the PRM's.

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top