Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2007 3:16:03 AM EDT
Just wondering what height bipod you guys have found to work best on your AR's. Not sure whether to go with one in the 6" - 9" range or the slightly taller 9" - 12" models. I'd like to know what works best for you, but also your opinion on what will work best for me, keeping in mind that I have quite a few miles on me and have managed to acquire considerable...uhhhh....ballast around the midsection - which will play a role in how low I can go when prone. Probably most of my shooting will be done off a bench, but prone should also be a consideration. Thanks for any opinions/advice given.

Adios,

Pizza Bob
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 8:20:42 AM EDT
[#1]
9-12 will probably serve you better.  Even with the 9-12 at min height a 30 rounder will be real close to tripoding you.  A 20 will solve that.
With the 6-9 you're going to have to depoly the bipod and then extend the legs to have any clearance at all.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 4:12:54 PM EDT
[#2]
9-13" for me then
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 5:52:36 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
9-12 will probably serve you better.  Even with the 9-12 at min height a 30 rounder will be real close to tripoding you.  A 20 will solve that.
With the 6-9 you're going to have to depoly the bipod and then extend the legs to have any clearance at all.

+1
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 5:55:45 PM EDT
[#4]
9-13 for pone, 6-9 for bench
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top