Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2006 7:14:09 AM EDT
Ok, I just got the Eagle Industries 3-pointers for my carbine and shotgun and have no idea how this "thumb release to be shouldering your weapon" works. At first, I thought it just unbuckled the sling so you could ditch it in a hurry, but it does not appear to do that.   Anyone have experience with these?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:41:45 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm not familiar with the Eagle slings, but normally a release for shouldering the weapon is something that puts a bunch of slack into the sling so that you can switch to your -other- shoulder when working around a barricade.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:47:11 PM EDT
[#2]
The buckle appears to just let the weight of the weapon tighten up the loop around my body. I can't figure how that can aid in a transition.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:39:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Releasing the buckle is supposed to release a few extra inches of slack so you can bring the shoulder from (let's just use this as an example) your right shoulder across to your left.  8" or so is probably the standard.  Maybe it's less...

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top