Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2006 4:45:33 AM EDT
Maybe I'm missing something here but what what's the point of a SPS?  It seems to me like with a SPS, the front of the rifle will bounce , swing, and even twist  more freely than it would with a 3 point sling.  I currently use a Giles sling on my duty rifle.  I need a sling for my personal  "play" M16 which I hardly use at all.

Also, has anyone heard of the KZ single point sling?  Are they any good?  I have a Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:24:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:41:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Stickman.  I will be making a copy of that one tonight.  I haven't had a single point I like.  

I use the Tactical Tailor 2 point.  From their site:

A single point sling tends to dig into my neck.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:24:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Stickman, what were some of the other SPS you've tried and what were the problems you experienced.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:49:50 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The three point and single point are two different beasts, and serve two different purposes.  

What are the 2 purposes?  Do you mean the ability to transition to your opposite shoulder?

And yes, by the twisting, bouncing and such, I was refering to when the weapon is hanging with your hands off.  Without having tried a SPS, the only real problem I forsee is it hitting my legs and other obstacles should I transition to a handgun and begin moving (e.g. through a doorway).
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:23:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 11:57:32 AM EDT
[#6]
To add to Stick and Jason's reasons for the single point I'll add the main reason I got mine (ASP):  I can get in and out of a vehicle without 3 to 6' of loose webbing getting snagged on everything.  Just plug the tab into the sling assembly that stays on me.  Even if I keep the sling off of my person and just throw it over my head, it is still shorter and easier to keep from snagging than a three or even two point.
If its biting into your neck, you've got the wrong single point, try an ASP.  
If its beating your danglies or you're having problems with it rolling around, get the ASP and work with it some more.  The design will let you drop the rifle for transitions, and it will easily slide under your support arm where it will stay out of the way.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:00:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The three point and single point are two different beasts, and serve two different purposes.  

What are the 2 purposes?  Do you mean the ability to transition to your opposite shoulder?

And yes, by the twisting, bouncing and such, I was refering to when the weapon is hanging with your hands off.  Without having tried a SPS, the only real problem I forsee is it hitting my legs and other obstacles should I transition to a handgun and begin moving (e.g. through a doorway).

Go read the MM review on the TAG site, and check the ASP/single point threads on this board.  Loads of info.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top