Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2006 2:48:48 AM EDT
My GF orderd for me, from an online store 4 railcovers and 4 ladder-style rail covers, as I opened the package the inside paper said

-MAGPUL RAIL COVERS, 4-BLACK
-LADDER MAGPUL RAIL COVERS, 4-OLIVE DRAB

But the covers were HARD PLASTIC, just impossible to fit in my railed forend, the package was a simple plastic bag,no names, no markings either in the package and in the covers, I thought that magpul covers were hard rubber, anyone that own them can provide me a photo and give me more info about it? I suspect that my "magpul" covers are a scam, they are cheaply made and very hard plastic, they did not fit no matter how I tried to slide'em on my rails.

Adding insult to injury, the covers did cost me 57euros total.

Any info REALLY APPRECIATED, guys.

If they are a scam I will take IMMEDIATE legal action, thanks gentlemans.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:59:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Try emailing or calling Magpul about this. They could easily confirm if you got the real deal or not. And if not, they would be probably be very interested in someone using their good name to scam people.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:21:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Definitely call Magpul and have a chat with them!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:24:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Whos rail system and what vintage???
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:41:42 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
they did not fit no matter how I tried to slide'em on my rails.

IIRC, Magul XT covers do not slide on rails but instead snap on from the side. You may be installed them the correct way and just used the wrong word but I figured I'd bring that up just in case.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:51:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Mine are harder plastic and also came in a plastic bag.  I am quite sure mine are the real deal, just figured the company I ordered from had them in bulk so they just counted out the amount I ordered in the bag.  Also, like said above they will not slide on, and they are harder to clip on untill you know the best way todo it.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:36:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Mine are very hard plastic like rubber also.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:54:59 AM EDT
[#7]

These are magpul xt rail covers and they don't slide on.  You have to start at one end and work them on and then push them down working it as you go further down the panel.  They have slots on the inside that will lock into your handguards so they don't move.  They are not solid rubber.  More like a flexable plastic.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:37:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for quick answer, definitely the ladder-style covers are NOT magpul, I've checked their website and from the pics they are definitely RUBBER, mine are HARD plastic that do not flex at all, they are brittle and not to spec, they not fit on my rails. My forend is an olyarms FIRSH handguard.

As for the XT covers, they are not rubberish at all, hard plastic, and somewhat brittle, I will post pics when I will return from work.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:43:03 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I've orderd from an online store 4 railcovers and 4 ladder-style rail covers, as I opened the package the inside paper said

-MAGPUL RAIL COVERS, 4-BLACK
-LADDER MAGPUL RAIL COVERS, 4-OLIVE DRAB

I believe your issue would be with the online retailer that sold you these things, right?
I mean from the sounds of it, you don't have actual Magpul products and didn't buy direct from Magpul...

Just wanted to be clear on the details.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:11:02 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
from the pics they are definitely RUBBER, mine are HARD plastic.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the one thing rubber from Magpul are the Magpuls.  The rail covers are plasitc, at least all that I have seen and felt, but never seen the ladder type 1st hand, but I don't think they would be rubber either bacause the rail would cut them up and if they streched easy wouldn't they just come off all the time?

Maybe Magpul will chime in soon...
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:31:27 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Maybe Magpul will chime in soon...

From the sounds of it, Magpul has nothing to do with it.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:51:44 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
From the sounds of it, Magpul has nothing to do with it.

I just ment for a better discription of their product, "is it rubber or plastic" that type of thing
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:01:44 AM EDT
[#13]
I've clarly stated in my first post that I've bought the items from an online store, not directly from magpul.

That pic:

Is taken from magpul site and show a ladder rail cover that is FLEXIBLE, mine is NOT if I try to bend as in the pic, it immediately show sign of stress, as if it would break.

When I return from work I will post pics.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:07:54 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I've clarly stated in my first post that I've bought the items from an online store, not directly from magpul.

1.) Magpul has an online store too.
2.) It wasn't clear, or I wouldn't have asked.
3.) It's clear now.
4.) I'm sorry you got screwed.
5.) Contact the store you bought from and tell them you want to return the JUNK.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:37:53 AM EDT
[#15]
What site did you get them from?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:16:41 AM EDT
[#16]
probably from an italian site...if so, here is the reason I buy only from the US: I've found too many retailers here in Italy that sell junk or airsoft suff instead of real stuff
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:40:04 AM EDT
[#17]
I would still give Magpul a heads up on this company anyways. They probably cant do much though. As long as this company doesnt import their stuff into the US, US patent laws dont apply to them.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:45:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:47:04 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Send those panels to me along with where you bought them from and I will send you a set of real ones in return.

That is GOOD business right there.......!!!!!

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:12:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Yeah thats good!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:55:42 PM EDT
[#21]
yes, really good!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:58:12 PM EDT
[#22]
for magpul for stepping in and helping in a situation that barely has anything to do with him out of his pocket.

thread starter, next time i think it would be best to order from a reputable dealer or magpul direct.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:26:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Reason #1,223,459 why Magpul is great.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:01:35 PM EDT
[#24]
To shivan: I didn't mean to sound harsh, no offense taken,pal, I'm very glad to belong here and gain so much help and info from all of you guys, without this forum I will be in the stone age, so thanks to you all.

That said, here I am with pics:

Just a little note, here in Italy is VERY HARD to have ar15 goods, so our option are limited, I would be very glad to have US items, but more often than not, US dealers did not do oversea shipping.

I was VERY VERY happy with magpul products, I've ordered a MIAD grip, lots of magpuls and a telestock (m93r) from another reputable italian dealer and magpul quality is TOP NOTCH.

I was pissed off not because of money but because MAYBE (pics will say) the store sent me a knock off product labeling it as the real one.

first of all, that is a pic of the recepit where is clearly stated that the items were MAGPUL products:

that is the package of the ladder rail covers:

ladder rail covers, hard plastic, brittle, olive green:

back view:

that macro shows my attempt at fitting covers on my rail system, the cover show sign of stress where it was pressed:

now, that are the XT covers, black, hard plastic with mould lines clearly visible:

Hope pics are clear
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:13:55 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
To shivan: I didn't mean to sound harsh, no offense taken,pal, I'm very glad to belong here and gain so much help and info from all of you guys, without this forum I will be in the stone age, so thanks to you all.

That said, here I am with pics:

Just a little note, here in Italy is VERY HARD to have ar15 goods, so our option are limited, I would be very glad to have US items, but more often than not, US dealers did not do oversea shipping.

I was VERY VERY happy with magpul products, I've ordered a MIAD grip, lots of magpuls and a telestock (m93r) from another reputable italian dealer and magpul quality is TOP NOTCH.

I was pissed off not because of money but because MAYBE (pics will say) the store sent me a knock off product labeling it as the real one.

first of all, that is a pic of the recepit where is clearly stated that the items were MAGPUL products:

img427.imageshack.us/img427/1092/immagine0236vv.th.jpg

that is the package of the ladder rail covers:

img427.imageshack.us/img427/2354/immagine0291uq.th.jpg

ladder rail covers, hard plastic, brittle, olive green:
img105.imageshack.us/img105/8828/immagine0304le.th.jpg

back view:
img51.imageshack.us/img51/5562/immagine0314xr.th.jpg

that macro shows my attempt at fitting covers on my rail system, the cover show sign of stress where it was pressed:
img334.imageshack.us/img334/3330/immagine0337ug.th.jpg

now, that are the XT covers, black, hard plastic with mould lines clearly visible:
img111.imageshack.us/img111/6094/immagine0258iv.th.jpg

img111.imageshack.us/img111/5717/immagine0264fv.th.jpg

img334.imageshack.us/img334/4272/immagine0276tm.th.jpg

Hope pics are clear

I hope it works out for you and resolve this issue. I don't know the Magpul rail covers but from the looks from one of your pics, it seems to be mared up some.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:52:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Those look like Magpul XT rail panels to me.  Look exactly like mine.

As for the ladders, I don't know.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:04:37 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Send those panels to me along with where you bought them from and I will send you a set of real ones in return.

That is GOOD business right there.......!!!!!

Heck YEAH!  Magpul ROCKS!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:14:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Those ladders look like cheap Surefire copies. They have that indent on the top of the ladder but the real thing are very soft and pliable. I'd say you've been cheated by the dealer.

Here's a pic of REAL Surefire ladder rails. They're so soft you could tie them in a knot.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:32:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:19:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:48:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Thanks for the response, I bet that even the XT covers are fakes,they are hard as hell, not flexible in the slightest.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:38:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Then mine must be fake as well because they are exactly the same as your XT panels.
I got mine from bravocompanyusa.com

Yes they are hard!  I had to work for about 15 minutes just to figure out how to get them on, but once you figure it out the others will go on easier.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:39:27 AM EDT
[#33]
I have purchased Magpul ladders and covers direct from Magpul.  

The ladders are a softer, more pliable plastic/rubber.  

The panels are a harder material--they are not a soft rubber texture like the ladders or pachmyar grips or what have you.  

Both came is a clar plastic bag with no instructions.

From the pictures you appear to have the real deal on the covers but the ladders are not Magpul.  

The panels do not slide on.  You must hook one side over the lip of the rail then bend the other side back and over the other side of the rail.  It's a little tricky at first but now it is qute easy for me.  The ribs on the back of the panels must fit into the recesses of the rail.  Once installed they will stay there.  I personally prefer the harder material of the plastic as opposed to soft rubber.  

Good luck and I hope this information is useful.  

It's nice to know that Richard is lurking around the corner ready to help.  Apparently he, like I, have nothing better to do than surf ARFCOM  
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:59:14 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Then mine must be fake as well because they are exactly the same as your XT panels.

Yes they are hard!  I had to work for about 15 minutes just to figure out how to get them on, but once you figure it out the others will go on easier.

Bravo Co. that sell fake stuff?? are you sure?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:16:26 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bravo Co. that sell fake stuff?? are you sure?

I think the ment he was being humorus... or joking

I got it
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:17:05 PM EDT
[#36]
I've installed the "supposed"XT covers on my ar, now that is what I will do:

It's unfair to me to send the covers to magpul USA without further investigation, so I've ordered one set of XTs from a VERY reputable Italian dealer (www.tacticalsense.com), I will compare the two sets and will keep you informed.

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:08:05 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I've installed the "supposed"XT covers on my ar, now that is what I will do:

It's unfair to me to send the covers to magpul USA without further investigation, so I've ordered one set of XTs from a VERY reputable Italian dealer (www.tacticalsense.com), I will compare the two sets and will keep you informed.

Complain to the original dealer and get your money back.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:08:52 AM EDT
[#38]
As for now,I've concluded that even the XT covers are not original magpul's ones, they are hard plastic, while the original ones are more like a very hard rubberized plastic, but pliable.

I will post photos soon, thanks for attention.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:10:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Magpul's owner mr Fitzpatrick told his authorized dealer in Italy to have my fake covers shipped to have them changed for the real ones.

I've just received the new ones, the ladder covers are completely different from the fake ones, they fit perfectly on my rails.

The same is true for XTs.

MANY THANKS TO MAGPUL and www.tacticalsense.com

exceptional customer service!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:50:34 PM EDT
[#40]
l
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top