Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2005 1:49:09 PM EDT
I have a Specter Gear 3-point that I love, but how durable is the plastic hardware?  Can it take hard use?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:17:50 PM EDT
[#1]
It depends on what hardware they are using.  What is the name on the buckle?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:20:29 PM EDT
[#2]
ACW WOONSOCKET R.I.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 3:34:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I am not familiar with them.  ITW is solid gear, so is NM, but then again, I don't claim to be "in the know" for all the various fastners.  

It should be good to go.  Try hanging from it, if it can't support body weight, it should go back.  Thats my theory of abuse.  

ETA-  Just to make sure I'm not full of something, I grabbed my current sling off my duty carbine (ASP Sling/ TAG Industries ), looped it around the bannister, and put all my weight on it.  Then I bounced up and down on it a little.  That is 200lbs or so of weight without any problems.  

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 3:48:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I am not familiar with them.  ITW is solid gear, so is NM, but then again, I don't claim to be "in the know" for all the various fastners.  

It should be good to go.  Try hanging from it, if it can't support body weight, it should go back.  Thats my theory of abuse.  

ETA-  Just to make sure I'm not full of something, I grabbed my current sling off my duty carbine (ASP Sling/ TAG Industries ), looped it around the bannister, and put all my weight on it.  Then I bounced up and down on it a little.  That is 200lbs or so of weight without any problems.  

Stickman - put in freezer for awhile and freeze it.  Then try to see when it is brittle if no problem with the weight.  Be sure to give it shock loads.  I Have same and would like to know how durable it is.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 3:51:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I really have no desire to sit in the freezer....  
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 4:31:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't have any release buckles or anything (keeping it simple), but I'm wondering if the triglides could crack.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 4:38:11 PM EDT
[#7]
It would take a lot to crack those.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top