Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2005 3:22:20 PM EDT
Wanting to attach a 3 point sling and I want the GG&G Sling Things but I have one question. They make two different types for the front, one attaches to the front sight assembly and the other attaches to a railed foreend. Is there any pros or cons to one over the other? I have heard that you get more rifle "roll" with the rail attachment. Opinions appreciated.  
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:12:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I have both and prefer the FSB mounted version because it is lower profile.  The sling will hang down to the side and out of the way.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:59:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Brad.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 7:48:36 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Wanting to attach a 3 point sling and I want the GG&G Sling Things but I have one question. They make two different types for the front, one attaches to the front sight assembly and the other attaches to a railed foreend. Is there any pros or cons to one over the other? I have heard that you get more rifle "roll" with the rail attachment. Opinions appreciated.  

What do you mean by rifle roll?

I too was interested in the GG&G Sling Thing for Dovetails. It seems to be a decently priced sling attachment for a FF rail system. The FSB version defeats the purpose of free floating the barrel. Does anybody else have any experience with the dovetail version?

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 7:54:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

The FSB version defeats the purpose of free floating the barrel.

Not necessarily unless you plan on "slinging up" when firing.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 3:46:52 PM EDT
[#5]

I too was interested in the GG&G Sling Thing for Dovetails. It seems to be a decently priced sling attachment for a FF rail system. The FSB version defeats the purpose of free floating the barrel. Does anybody else have any experience with the dovetail version?

thewilderness.com/catalog/images/QDSling_Dovetails.jpg

Here's a shot of one mounted, I ran it with the screw up in case it loosened, but it's solid. I just ordered a second.

I saw another similar mount only the sling attached into the rear instead of the side. Does anyone know who makes it? I'd like to try one.

http://devdel.smugmug.com/photos/42665370-L.jpg
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top