Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2005 11:24:55 AM EDT
I did a search and only found one thread about these that was about 2 months old. Do any of you guys have one of these and if so, care to comment? The other thread claimed that TD was going to redesign them (to make them lighter, stronger, better?). Do any of you know if that has been done yet?

I’m haven’t been real thrilled with the receiver end plate type sling mounts and this thing seems pretty sweet but I haven’t seen much about it so I’m wondering what the scoop is?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:26:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one (now two) PR-4's made by TD. The second one is made by TD for LMT & has neither company's markings. It's great for LMT or Colt lowers that are properly staked at the buffer tube nut & you don't want to mess with.
What was redesigned was that the top of the mount, which was aluminum, is now 4140 steel. The body is sill aluminum. My old top cracked, after it was installed, just sitting in my safe! If you have an older aluminum top, TD will send you a replacement for free.  

Robert
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 5:54:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, do you happen to know who carries these new PR-4's and might have them in stock?
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 10:15:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Adco & Operational Parts are two dealers that stock them. I've had great service from both. If you have the time & patience the EE is my best spot for deals!

Robert
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top