Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2005 6:26:11 PM EDT
Are these servicable gear or junk? I'll be using a VFG and surefire, no optics.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:17:58 PM EDT
[#1]
As price friendly as the MI, YHM, and Surefire two piece aluminum rails are, I wouldn't waste my time with the Fobus.  The VFG would prolly be fine, but a hard fall with the light could result in the light mount tearing a chunk out of the plastic.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:33:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, I was planning on getting a YHM freefloat eventually but I got a deal in a package trade with another arfcommer and now I've got them on and am just wondering what the reputation is, there's plastic and then there's plastic you know?

I'm using the fobus VHG too so it looks like it should distribute the load pretty well, that's really more my concern than the light, just a G2 and it's not too exposed where it is...

Thanks for the response.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 3:04:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I put the m44s on my M4. But I got them for under $50. So far so good.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 4:32:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, I figure I'm well under $50 into mine as well, I know they're overpriced,(retail on these is insane) but they don't seem too bad if you get them for the going rate on the EE, look at 'em as standard handguards except with rails.

Anybody actually had them fail?
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:38:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Mine work fine, but they won't work with all vertical foregrips, (ie. the ones which utilize the bottom of the grip to tighten the lug that will go in between the cutouts). They are also pretty thick, but that doesn't bother me much.  I ultimately went with an MI 2 piece forearm for my other rifle, and I think they are much better. They retail for just a bit more than the M44s.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top