Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2005 4:55:42 AM EDT
Wiley X, dba Protective Optics, Inc. in Livermore, CA, has run into yet another "software glitch" where their computer has decided to run several vendor's debit/credit cards, including mine, for unauthorized charges.

this has resulted in them taking over $3000 in funds from my checking account. this has happened to several of their vendors.

their customer service people were not considerate to say the least, and in fact, one of them called me "deranged" for being upset that they cleaned my account out. she refused to give me her name and hung up on me.

they lied and told me most senior person at the company yesterday was the customer service manager, and that the owner was in London, UK, and that all of the managers were at a trade show in Las Vegas, NV. then somehow i get one of the owners on the phone who is very apologetic. he said his brother was in London but he was here all day dealing with this software glitch.

owner was very nice and understanding and said he will overnight me a check for the full amount, in addition, Wiley X will pay for any sort of bounced check fees since my checks are now bouncing all over the place (2 did yesterday).

i have filed a fraud report with my bank. i also advised Wiley X they will be paying for my legal fees if necessary, should i end up having the cops talking to me about hot checks. it appears that will be avoided as i contacted the two companies and advised them their checks, totaling $100 or so, would not be honored but to resubmit them and i would have Wiley X pay the processing fees.

the fact of the matter is that this is the 3rd time their software has made unauthorized charges, but in the past they were all double billing issues, meaning, i'd order $700 and they'd charge me $700 and $700 (totalling $1400). that happened twice but they fixed it both times very quickly.

this time they cleaned my account out and to add insult to injury their customer service department was busy talking smack instead of fixing the problem.

i have decided to drop Wiley X as a vendor, since their handling of the situation was totally inappropriate.

i left several emails with my account rep, she is supposedly "in the hospital" with an illness but will return to work Monday.  how do you get admitted to the hospital but know when you will return to work?

i dont believe she is in the hospital, like i didn't believe the owner was in London.  

anyway, for any of you that have ever given Wiley X your credit card number, you may be in for a shock.

if you are planning on giving them your credit card number, please consider my experience as a heads up and pay via a money order.

thanks for the bandwidth.

Steve Ou
Spreadfire Arms
Austin, TX
FFL/SOT
email: spreadfirearms*REMOVETHIS*@hotmail.com
Texas Concealed Handgun License Instructor
Bushmaster/Blackwater USA Certified Armorer
Remington Law Enforcement Certified Armorer
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:23:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Screw Wiley-X ..............go with Oakley.............better product
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 10:28:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Oakley doesn't make goggles which can carry prescriptions though...

Damn, i was just about to order from Wiley-X too!

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:41:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Screw Wiley-X ..............go with Oakley.............better product

+1
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:51:03 PM EDT
[#4]
always order with a CC on internet...never a debit card/ checking account.
It happened to me but my CC blocked everything so no money came out of my pocket.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:10:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:51:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Big +1,  Oakley glass kicks ass! Especially polarized.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top