Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2005 2:31:24 AM EDT
Anybody heard of this thing? I found a leaflet blowing around at work and checked it out on the web. It looks very simple and robust. The legs stow and deploy in a similar fashion to the M249 SAW. Three foot options are availible, all legs are spring loaded. Apparently it has a swivel with adjustable tension. It locks on directly to a M1913 with either a bolt or a quick throw lever. Price listed on the manufacturers site is $250 which is much less than a harris considering you would have to buy a LaRue or ARMS mount for equivilent functionality. From the pictures, it looks like it would go great on a SPR build, or should I stick with what works (harris).
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:48:16 PM EDT
[#1]
It looks cool but I dont care for the "Milatry only" bs its a bipod give it up
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:23:16 AM EDT
[#2]
The GGG Standard pivoting bipod is what the high end Mil teams are using.
The prices are going up, evidently they only build a few hundred a month.
I just got one, had to wait 3 weeks though.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 11:59:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Bumpx0rs. Any other comments?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:47:12 AM EDT
[#4]
I have the "ROCK SOPMOD" bipod. Troy Industries was advertising them on there website about 2 years ago but did not stock them yet. I called and told them I wanted one, and about 6 weeks later they sent it to me. My bipod has the "PARKER HALE" style ski feet, as it is the only option available at the time. I only paid $150 when I got mine, as I was the first person to get one from TROY and ROCK was not advertising or selling them yet. The bipod is VERY cool! It features 2 nuts for adjustment, the top allows for tentioning to the mounting rail while the bottom adjusts the PAN, TILT and SWIVEL resistance. The legs can be folded either forward or reverse and the leg height is a spring loaded style. It is VERY similar to the "PARKER HALE" design. My bipod is the heavier all steel version, and I guess now that you can get them direct from ROCK CREEK BARRELLS, ther is a lighter "alloy?" version. Bottom line it is a "NO NONSENSE" military rifle bipod. I did notice the MAJOR price increase in the latest TROY catalog they sent me. I don't know what up with that! Maybe the price is a little lower from ROCK CREEK direct? Hope this helps you!
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top