User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/20/2005 10:09:50 PM EDT
Hey all,

I was wondering, which discrete cases do people like?  I'd like to be able to carry the M4gery, ACOG, carry handle, and a mag or two.

Thanks,
BoB
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 10:33:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I like using the "six pistol" aluminum case from the Sportsmansguide.  it looks like an oversized briefcase that is too small to hold something like that.  But, when broken-down into the two halves, it fits fine.
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 6:03:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 6:20:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 9:48:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 11:39:24 AM EDT
[#5]
The thing about the Eagle case above is that there's no padding between the mags and the rifle.  I'd lean towards one of the ones with the mags in the outer pocket.  

I think the best case is probably the i-SHOT case that Ci4Grant has.  [sorry, can't find a link and search isn't working link]  It has MOLLE webbing in both compartments so you can put any mag pouches, etc. in it.  Or tie down things like the DCH or ACOG inside.  I'm going to get one as soon as I can convince myself that it's really worth spending more on the case than I did on the complete lower.  He has a lower-cost version in the works that only has two rows for tie-downs in the main part and velcro in the outside part instead of the MOLLE loops.  

Just about everybody that makes nylon gear makes a rectangular case with a side compartment for mags.  As far as I can tell they're all about equal.  The best value seems to be the Tac-Force ones.  link 1 link 2   I checked one out at a local shop and they seemed like a nice case.  I'd probably get the Tac-Force if I didn't need the extra tie-down locations in the main compartment.
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 11:48:09 AM EDT
[#6]
I'd get a guitar case to be sure I'm inconspicuous.

But you'd have to dress like one of these guys to complete the disguise.

If you wanted to upgrade, you could always install a lever-action rocket launcher.  Hey, it worked in the movies.
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 8:02:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Wish I had one like this:

http://www.adcofirearms.com/images/AdidasMRPoutside.jpg

belongs to another member.

Is that thing long enough to hold a 6920, or only an SBR?  And what's the story with that case: one-of-a-kind custom or a modified case Adidas made for some other purpose?

I'd like to have something that discreet...
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 4:25:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 5:42:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 5:47:52 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
If there was enough demand, I could definitely have some of those DC-CAR-15 cases done up in a custom color.  

Giff

You can add my name to the list...I'll take anything that's not 1) a typical "tactical" color (black, tan, OD) or 2) pink.
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 6:17:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 4:20:07 PM EDT
[#12]
I just had to do it.

TheRicker is dead on about this one. They were both Eagle discreet cases ordered in discreet colors (don't hold your breath) and then silk screened by a fan of Guinness. So I just happened to have some available and...viola!
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 5:26:47 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If there was enough demand, I could definitely have some of those DC-CAR-15 cases done up in a custom color.  

Giff

You can add my name to the list...I'll take anything that's not 1) a typical "tactical" color (black, tan, OD) or 2) pink.

Put me as #2, please.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 11:06:17 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I'd get a guitar case to be sure I'm inconspicuous.

Actually that's how I carried mine in and out of my apartment last year. I didn't need a bunch of college students looking for pot and beer money knowing where to find a quick-selling rifle. Gig bags are padded, sealed, and usually have a decent sized pocket on the front that will fit a few mags and some ear muffs.

The only problem I had with it was that the M4 was defintely not tall enough to fit the entire neck of the case up, so the case flopped around a little when I layed it down, but when it was on my back, it stood up straight like my bass was still in it.

I'd reccomend trying to get one with a big, common logo, like "FENDER". There are some cheap ones here:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/fg=141/g=bass/search?c=4567
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 8:45:01 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Actually that's how I carried mine in and out of my apartment last year. I didn't need a bunch of college students looking for pot and beer money knowing where to find a quick-selling rifle.

why wouldn't someone just steal your guitar and sell that?  doesn't a stratocaster cost about the same as an AR?
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 10:16:10 AM EDT
[#16]
My case says Ibanez on it, as in the $150 Ibanez bass that I got for Christmas 7 years ago.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 11:45:04 AM EDT
[#17]
I gues my point was, wouldn't a thief be just as likely to steal a case that he thought had a guitar in it as if he thought a gun was in it?
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 12:06:36 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I gues my point was, wouldn't a thief be just as likely to steal a case that he thought had a guitar in it as if he thought a gun was in it?

I was thinking the same thing.  Maybe more likely since a guitar would be easier to pawn with no questions asked.  Same thing for a toolbox.  
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 12:49:24 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I was thinking the same thing.  Maybe more likely since a guitar would be easier to pawn with no questions asked.  Same thing for a toolbox.  

the only advantage I could see is if you wanted to be able to carry around your rifle without anyone knowing it's a rifle
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 12:55:19 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

the only advantage I could see is if you wanted to be able to carry around your rifle without anyone knowing it's a rifle

Yep.  If you live in an appartment, you might not want to advertise to the neighbors that there are firearms inside for the taking.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 8:45:11 PM EDT
[#21]
I like my Eagle DC case but the design needs a serious updating IMO.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:43:19 PM EDT
[#22]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:

Giff

Put me as #2, please.

I'd be interested in one of these also.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:21:17 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

The only reason I ever had for a "deception" case.

Amazing what a simple sports/music logo can do for a bag.

I used to carry my Valmet M-78 .308 (!!!) & mags in a big aluminum case with a Fender Stratocaster decal on the side.  
I had gotten the decal from the music store next to where I ran a nightclub and I knew it would come in handy someday.  

Not once did I ever have anyone (even cops!) question what might be in the case, although a couple of times some long haired "rocker" wanted to look at the "guitar".  I told them the keys were packed in my luggage, and then directed the conversation to the latest concert I had been to, or about some album that had just came out.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:45:51 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I like my Eagle DC case but the design needs a serious updating IMO.

+1

Eagles quality is top-notch

The mag pouches on the inside, against the rifle, kind of bug me.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:09:32 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Giff

Put me as #2, please.

I'd be interested in one of these also.  

Sign me up for one of these custom color cases also, please.
BigDaddy0004
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:50:19 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Giff

I'd be in for one also, as long as it's sized to fit a 6920 or equivelant 16 inch barrelled CAR.  Very good idea.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:05:47 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm in for a custom colored case.

This should be a group buy and a sticky. pronto.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:03:08 AM EDT
[#28]
I'll take the Nike (Just do it) in Black :)
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 3:01:50 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Giff

Sounds like these would sell immediately.
What's the status?

BigDaddy0004
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:59:36 AM EDT
[#30]
I'd be up for this too. As long as it will fit a 16" CAR.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:08:34 PM EDT
[#31]
The case Giff mentioned above will fit a 16" w/ C-stock.

new thread posted here to see what the demand is.

If you posted a yes here, post it there with what color you want, please.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:06:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 2:16:16 AM EDT
[#33]
lol, if you are looking in to the eagle discreet cases, may as well go all the way and see if you can talk them out of some of the Socom M4 cases.

Jason
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:43:58 AM EDT
[#34]
I'd be very surprised if you can't get at least 25 ordered. Especially if this gets enough exposure on the site.
ETA: I guess it matters how much they cost also, though. How much would it be for one if we get a 25 order up? Ballpark numbers?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:00:43 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm in for one.  Nobody makes a decent M4 case in Coyote Brown yet.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 10:24:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Ok, everybody wants one... now what?  
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 10:45:03 PM EDT
[#37]
I know a guy who uses a golf caddy as a rifle case.  He can carry a handful of rifles with no one the wiser.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:18:14 PM EDT
[#38]
am in for 1
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:19:26 PM EDT
[#39]
I am interested in one in blue please
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 4:37:35 AM EDT
[#40]
I love the case, but don't think it will fit my SEBR due to the NJ setup. Having some additional padding between the rifle and mags would be a plus, but it is a still a very nice case.

^_^_^
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:49:52 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 5:55:03 AM EDT
[#42]
How about something like this?

From here

$25
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 2:48:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 2:44:51 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I just had to do it.

TheRicker is dead on about this one. They were both Eagle discreet cases ordered in discreet colors (don't hold your breath) and then silk screened by a fan of Guinness. So I just happened to have some available and...viola!

Don't forget mine:

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:34:54 PM EDT
[#45]
I definitely like the looks of the Nike and Adidas Eagle cases.  Would be a good way to get your weapons deep into anti gun territory.  

No one would second guess what was in there, till they noticed me in my 5.11's, combat boots, and ALICE pack.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:13:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:27:13 AM EDT
[#47]
I think the adidas bag that TheRicker shows is super discreet but he left out my second choice that he sells at ADCO- the TacForce case.  I have one in tan and it's an excellent case- much better than the Eagle case.  I've gotten tons of questions and comments on the removable mag pouch just this last week.  You can pull the mag pouch out, use the strap from the bag to sling it over your shoulder and then sling your rifle over that if the S were to HTF.  You could get one in black (if ADCO doesn't carry it in black  I'll tell you where you can get it) and put the Nike or Adidas logo.  

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:11:28 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
I just had to do it.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/j1911mcd/Posts/NikeColt9mm.jpg

I IM'd J1911MCD but got no response -- does anyone have any info about the above-pictured rifle?  More specifically, is it a KAC DEA style integrated suppressor?

What about the front site?

Who made it?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:15:53 AM EDT
[#49]
I found a paintball gun case that snugly fits my 16"bbl M4gery with a carry handle scope.  Even has pouches for magazines.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:06:39 AM EDT
[#50]

IM sent
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top