Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/17/2005 12:22:13 AM EDT
I've just been flipping through the different threads recommending slings and the BFG SOC-C seems like it might be the way to go.  Is there any downside?
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 4:29:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I own the QD push button version and love it. If you are a KISS kind of guy or dedicated 1 sling style kind of guy, it is probably not worth it for you to buy. Other wise its a great sling.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 4:56:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 7:23:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, now I guess I just have to decide whether to get the SOC-C or go ahead and get the contractor pak.  I only have the RRA carbine and a Remington 870.  

Does it seem like the extras in the contractor pak are worth the extra $?
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 7:30:51 AM EDT
[#4]
If you're going to spend the money then it makes sense to spend that little extra for the contractor pack.  It doesn't add that much to the price and you get a ton of nylon for your money.  With all the attachments it comes with you can use one set on your AR and another set on the 870 then switch between weapons without removing hte sling.  And you'll have additional connections available for guns you buy in the future.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 7:33:17 AM EDT
[#5]

If you're going to spend the money then it makes sense to spend that little extra for the contractor pack. It doesn't add that much to the price and you get a ton of nylon for your money. With all the attachments it comes with you can use one set on your AR and another set on the 870 then switch between weapons without removing hte sling. And you'll have additional connections available for guns you buy in the future.

+1, that was my reasoning too. The contractor kit is the way to go, and Ashley over at BFG is a class act to deal with if you have any problems.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 11:12:33 AM EDT
[#6]
i got the contractor pack and i'm still doing my evaluation of the sling.  so far, the downsides are:

1)  i don't like the 2 point sling configuration.  the sling is too busy w/ too many buckles.  a 2 point sling needs to be smooth to slide easily off your shoulder in either african or american carry methods.  i don't think it is a good 2 point sling.

2)  b/c of the additional QD buckle,  the single point  rides a little low.  although this does help in transitioning from left to right.

3)  you can't really go from one sling set up to another very quickly or from one gun to anther quickly.  it takes time to properly set up the sling.  maybe this was just my preconceived notion, but ithought one could just  from a 1 single point to a 2 point  w/ just a few snaps, but it acutally takes some reconfiguring.  also, you can't go froma 3 point  on an CAR to a 3 point on a shotgun w/out some modification.  it does work however going from single point on a CAR to a sling point on a shotgun w/ out any modifications, provided you already have the weapon attachments already on teh guns.  this could prove to be very useful in 3 gun or actual combat.

but as i said i'm still not finished testing.  these are just my preliminary thoughts
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top