Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/23/2004 7:07:52 PM EDT
Ok I just finished building my M4gery, I put the collapsaible stock on and relized that my stock only has the sling hole on the bottpm amd not the top.

I have been looking all through the board and I am haveing trouble figureing out which sling I can use and what I can not. I am looking for either a 3 point sling or one of the slings from SPECTER sales I think it was the SPEC OPS SLING.

If any one could help me out and or give me some more info or advice on some slings and mounts that I might need I would be thankful.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:27:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, you need to figure out if you want to go single point or three point, or a different type altogether.  Single point and three point (or all variations of the "tactial" sling theme) are mainly used to retain the rifle when in use or during handgun transitions.  If you are looking for a sling to steady the rifle when shooting, then a tac sling isn't going to do it.  

A single point sling allows the gun to hang straight down and weak side transitions are easier.  Depending on how you get the main loop to hang on your body, you can swing the long gun left or right and allow it to hang under an arm.  However, it does allow it a greater degree of flop when you are moving, ie running, and can get in the way of your transition to a pistol if the long gun hangs on the same side as your holster.  You will also need to get some sort of sling loop plate to install the sling on your gun.  

Three point slings hold the long gun muzzle downward, but at an angle (ie muzzle point down towards your left side and butt near your right shoulder, or vice versa) making it ideal for holding it at ready or port arms for extended periods of time and because it holds the gun somewhat more static, it is easier to move in (like running) and easier to transition to a pistol.  However, since most three pointers have quite a bit more webbing due to the design, many users feel that there is inteference when hitting the bolt release, weak side transitions are slower (or impossible without removing the sling from your body depending on design) because of the more static hold on the gun.  Also, some people feel that all the webbing makes them all tangled up with the gun.  

Look through all the pictures on Specter's website on all the different types of slings and pick the one that looks like what you imagine you will do with the rifle.  When you have decided on one, but still can't figure out attachment points, use, pricing, etc, call them and ask.  Their customer service is superb.  
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:50:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Ghost-Shooter I am leaning more towards a sling from SPECTER. Ilike the sling they have that lets you transition from left to right side easly. I am trying to think of what type of sling attachment I need to put on my butt stock so I would be able to use a sling on the side instead of underneath it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 2:36:30 PM EDT
[#3]
If you are looking at a 3-pointer like the CQB, CST, or the SOP slings for a M4 stock, they will have a loop attachment point that goes through the slot at the rear of the stock, beneath the buffer tube area.  It will be attached to the side.  All of those slings are attached without needing additional hardware.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:40:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah that's what I am looking for is a 3 point sling. I found a side sling adapter at RBPrecesion and a ambi sling attachement there also I will end up getting and then I will get my sling. I am looking at all of the 3 point's from CQB, CST and SPECTER I think they have the SOP I have been eyeing.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top