Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2004 10:23:36 PM EDT
Questions to all the owners of it.  What is that black strap about 6 inches long for?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:59:22 AM EDT
[#1]
The short strap allows you to quickly move your weapon from the chest position to your side by pulling it.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:02:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Check out the one point sling instructions on the Troy website.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:49:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I must have it installed wrong, because the strap is behind my back.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:26:23 PM EDT
[#4]
here is a picture of the sling.  As you can see, on the far right of the pad, there is a buckle.  That's where the 6inch long strap is located at.  

Link Posted: 9/25/2004 10:10:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I must have it installed wrong, because the strap is behind my back.

Troy likes users to sling it over their weak side shoulder, contrary to what a lot of shooters are used to.   So if you do it the common way, it will be in back.   I'm just about ready to cut my damn strap off, as I have no use for it and its coming apart by itself due to their crappy stitch job:

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:16:26 AM EDT
[#6]
I shoot my rifles right handed.  I put it over the weak shoulder.  I have since moved the buckle with the small strap, near the center of the sling.  This prevents the strap holding the rifle to slide around.  I dont know if that's how it was meant to be used for sure though.
The rifle sits under my right arm pit.  Works for me.  I can wear the shoulder pad a little off, so the rifle sides in front of my body. Then I can just pull the strap and rifle will be under armpit.  I prefer not to have my nuts crack, so I think i may cut the strap and just have it sit under my armpit.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top