Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/24/2003 11:35:33 AM EDT
i have read the cqb website until my eyes are crossed and don't see the difference between the sop and cst.   it looks like the sop has the transition release buckle so does the cst.
what is the main difference between the slings.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 11:49:08 AM EDT
[#1]
The SOP is 1.5" wide to better distribute the load with 1" attachment straps to be used at each end of the sling to interface with the mounting adapter sling loops or sling swivels. This allows it to move, shift and conform within the sling loops to allow the SOP Sling to move more efficiently with the weapon thus enhancing free movement of the weapon and allowing the weapon to hang in a more vertical orientation while being used in the Military Patrol Ready carry mode

The CST is 1.25" wide.

Other than that I think they are pretty close to identical…
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 12:50:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I Just picked up the SOP from brownells this morning.  I have previously used the Blackhawk swift and the Eagle Tas 3.  The Eagle is very similar to the SOP but just putting it on my rifle I am very impressed.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 2:22:49 PM EDT
[#3]
The SOP, being wider, is the better long term carry / field sling.  

The drawback is that the 1" webbing attachments allow the rifle to flop around when used in the muzzle down 'off side drop' carry.  The CST keeps the butt of the rifle in tight to your chest in this carry mode.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top