Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2003 1:32:55 PM EDT
I've noticed some interest in utilizing  "high-side mount" sling swivels for the A2 "fixed" buttstock.  Does anyone currently manufacture such an item ? I've seen many different configurations for collapsable stocks, but none for the A2 fixed stock.

I was considering producing these if none are available. Anyone interested ?

Thanks,

Dustin
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 8:36:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to, but the folowing options are available:

- most tactical slings are available with a setup that will attach to a fixed buttstock.  These are all some variation of a nylon strap that wraps around the stock with a buckle on one or both sides to attach a sling.

- there is a top sling adapter that has been used by the military in the past that allows a sling to be attached at the top

- you can rig up your own connection with some 550 cord

- there's a stock available, I think Fulton Armory has it, that is a regular A2 stock but it has a sling swivel at the top.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 7:00:06 AM EDT
[#2]
H, Thanks for the info. I've noticed a lot of tactical slings that have a google of nylon wraps/straps/cords to connect the body of the sling to the buttstock. Seems like it can be a bit of a mess to deal with. I was thinking about something a little more cost effective (maybe around $10.00) as an option to replacing the buttstock. I've never seen the top sling adapter the military uses. I suspect it may be similar to what I had in mind.

I was thinking about an "L" shaped piece of metal (2"x 3/8"x1/8") (with a beveled hole in the short leg) for mounting in the existing rear buttstock screw/hole. Then, have a traditional swivel/QR stud at the end of the longer leg.

If there is enough interest in producing such an item, I could knock a few out for the fine folks here at AR15.com

Link Posted: 10/8/2003 4:51:17 PM EDT
[#3]
The military piece is a flat piece of metal that is shaped sort of like a triangle that is pointing down.  The narrow end has a hole to attach at the top buttstock screw and the wide end has a slot to fit the sling through.

The velcro strap setups that most tac slings use work well enough.  The only problem is that they all have a second strap that goes around the rear to hold it all in place which blocks the cleaning kit trapdoor.
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 1:07:25 PM EDT
[#4]
H,

Sounds like an interesting solution for the A2 stock.

I'll knock out a couple of "Y" shaped "ambi" sling swivels and post some pic to see what people think.

Thanks again.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top