Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2003 2:47:33 PM EDT
Is there any tactical sling that works with the SureFire M500 handguards (see picture below) in a LEFTY configuration?

I have a CQB Solutions SOP sling, which can be mounted together with the Surefire using a side sling swivel (the Surefire handguards prevent mounting the sling with a handguard strap). Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure the Surefire light would get in the way if I tried to put the side swivel on the right-hand side of the front sight (for left-handed use).

Is there any tactical sling that can work for me, or do I need to dump the SureFire?
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 3:20:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Single Point with no front attachment, or maybe some paracord looped through the front sight tower.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 6:32:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Try the BMAS front sight tower sling mount its profile will not interfere with your light.The only thing protruding beyond the frame of the sight tower will be the sling swivel on the left hand side of the weapon or right hand side if you prefer .
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 7:36:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I just installed a KAC quick detachable sling adapter on my collapsible stock Bushy. I am using the CQB Solutions HST sling, & it has worked very well for me. All the other slings I tried got in the way of the main lamp on the SureFire, or kept hanging up on the lamp module. I don't have a digital camera right now, & I couldn't find a picture of this setup, but I'll bet Wes Grant at MSTN can post one for you.

It's certainly not the cheapest way to go (the GG&G single point adapter is a LOT cheaper), but I like being able to remove the whole sling without having to rethread everything through that tight buckle.

Edited to Add: I'm afflicted with lefthandedness too, & it works really well. The KAC adapter is ambidextrous, so all you have to do is move the QD swivel to the opposite side if you need to shoot weakhand. Of course, the HST makes weakside transitions a snap anyway....
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 2:50:25 PM EDT
[#4]
You could also flip your 500A upside down so the main lamp is at 7 oclock, then run your sling off a front sight tower mount like the GG&G sling thing. Your sling will then come off the front tower over top of the main lamp.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top