Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2003 6:16:15 PM EDT
If any one was wondering why this mount would not fit the NEW Sytle telestock 6 position (fixed or adjustable), well It was made to fit the original 4position style telestocks.  The older style does not have the reinforement ribs where the new style does and that is why the mount technically does not work with the new style stocks.

Well if you really want to use one like I did,  Get the dremel out and remove the portion that is in the way. What little amount of the rib you remove will not cause any weekness. If it did I did not notice any. That stock is really stiff to begin with and when you attach the mount it should add any strength back that was lost when removing the portion of the ribs on both sides, if anyone is worried about that.

Anyway the main reason I wanted to use this was the ease of removal of the sling when not needed and it actually brought the rifle in closer to the body and keeps it out of your way, Something else that I was looking for in a sling/mount combo also.

If you notice in the picture I also have a KAC receiver sling mount also (both made for the QD swivel) and If I used that mount the rifle is really far away from the body in the barrel down resting position and tends to interfere with other functions your performing, like using the hangun, etc...

Oh, the sling I am using is CQB SOP Sling #137

Hope this helps.

Link Posted: 5/16/2003 3:45:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 4:42:25 AM EDT
[#2]
COOL!   I wish I had known that.  But, it is done,  and it works really well. If anybody has GG&G mount on a New style stock I would like to see some pics.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 5:09:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Hi,
Where did you purchase the KAC Mounts at?
Thanks,,
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 5:19:19 AM EDT
[#4]
You can get them from WES at[b] [url=www.mstn.biz] MSTN [/url][/b].  If you don't see it on there website, send an email to him to see if they can get it, they usually can.  They are also a Dealer here. There service is EXCELLENT and shipping is FAST.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 8:09:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the link.
Did you not like the Single point receiver mount?
I would think it would get in the way of the grip and always be hitting your hand?

Does the receiver mount have this problem?

I was going to order one and would like to know?

Thanks..
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 8:29:25 AM EDT
[#6]
The receiver mount does not get in the way of the hand.  Personally I do not like single point slings after trying one myself. In my opinion, when the rifle is in the resting position it is to "free", say you are running, the rifle is all over the place, etc.....

Even when using the front and receiver mounts in combination, the rifle is more secure and closer to the body when in resting position, but I wanted it more closer to the body.

Personally I found that I like using combintion of the front and buttstock mount methods because it brings the rifle in even closer to the body (3-4inches closer than the front/receiver mount method) and it keeps it a little more securely in place when in the resting position.

Link Posted: 5/18/2003 8:43:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks,
The receiver mount even with a single point sling attached does not hit or get in the way of your hand?

I saw another picture of one and it looks like with the sling attached it would be hitting your hand?

Thanks for all the help..
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 8:58:24 AM EDT
[#8]
My experience with the single point sling is it did not get in the way of my hand (I am right handed).  If it did I did not notice it at all.

I have tried the giles and the bungee type single point slings but did not care for either one.

You may want to start another topic to get other people opinions also.

But in the end it will come down to what method you prefer.

I have probably spent $200+ on trying differnt mounts and slings. They all have there Pros and Cons, it just a matter of finding a happy medium.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 9:42:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Even when using the front and receiver mounts in combination, the rifle is more secure and closer to the body when in resting position, but I wanted it more closer to the body.
View Quote

Why not just re-adjust the sling to take up the slack?
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 4:30:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Why not just re-adjust the sling to take up the slack?
View Quote

Well I like the sling going over my right shoulder and under my left arm. If I "re-adust to take up the slack"  I was not able to bring the rifle completly up when Just using a standard sling.   When I went to the CQB SOP sling, mounting it on the front of the SIR and to the rear of the stock solved all my issues.
I now had the rifle close to the body and I am able to bring The rifle up completly.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 1:20:33 AM EDT
[#11]
I use the same exact setup as PowershipMC on all my guns.  Front, single point, and rear QD detach (KAC) sling swivels.  While GG&G makes a rear for the new style M4 stocks, I am not sure the QD swivel is the same (Weaver QD), and I wanted to stay with all the same brand.  Now all three points will take QD swivels or QD Sling studs, on either side of gun for all three, and I can use what ever sling I want quickly.  My most used slings I leave the sling swivels on so it only take me seconds to switch slings (I use the CQB Solutions #200 and the #121 Single Pt.  I use to use the same two in Giles Tac slings, but the webbing was too stiff for this non-tacticle user).
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 1:27:16 AM EDT
[#12]
I have the HST sling from CQB Solutions, mounted on a Knights M4 receiver sling mount assembly. I like it. If I want to run, I carry the rifle. If I want to dtand, it is fast into action.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top