BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/12/2022 2:35:53 PM EDT
What make and model are you preferred grips?

I've really taken a shine to the FAB Gradus grips. They are super comfy but the lack of a internal compartment is killing me. I like keeping stuff in my grips.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 2:40:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I’m a big fan of tango down bg16 I like the angle and small grip size. I have big hands but somehow the bg16 just fits me.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 2:46:06 PM EDT
[#2]
BCM Gunfighter Grips Mod3 for me.

BCMGUNFIGHTER™ Grip Mod 3 - Black
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 3:05:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 3:48:15 PM EDT
[#4]
For me personally, Magpul MOE.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 4:10:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

How does that extended tang jive with lowers that have a built in trigger guard?

That looks like it may be right up my alley, I need the reduced angle. I love the rubberized texture of the Gradus, but the lack of a compartment sucks.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 4:16:06 PM EDT
[#6]
DOes anyone make one that looks like the a2 w/ less grip angle?
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 4:25:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:How does that extended tang jive with lowers that have a built in trigger guard?
View Quote
The BCM Mod3 is probably my favorite grip, and the tang is my favorite thing about it. But if that part interfered with an integral trigger guard, it could easily be removed.

I’ve had a similar problem using the Mod3 along with a Magpul trigger guard, and there I just filed down the top surface of the tang until it fit flush against the guard.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 4:26:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I like the HK416 grips. The BCM are pretty much the same look and feel.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 4:29:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Magpul MOE as well.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 5:15:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Magpul k2 and K2 XL.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 5:23:28 PM EDT
[#11]
ERGO, A2, Magpul K2.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 5:25:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Magpul K2+
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 5:33:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/12/2022 5:34:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

How does that extended tang jive with lowers that have a built in trigger guard?

That looks like it may be right up my alley, I need the reduced angle. I love the rubberized texture of the Gradus, but the lack of a compartment sucks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It will bend slightly and match up with the trigger guard, I’ve never had a problem with any of my lowers.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 7:31:23 PM EDT
[#15]
For me it's a tie between Magpul and Reptilia.

Magpul has alot of choices so the exact model depends what I'm putting it on.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 9:45:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Griffin Armament A3
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:02:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Magpul K2 or MIAD are what I prefer. Although I am interested to see what the FCD improved A2 grip will be about if it ever comes to the market.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:44:45 PM EDT
[#18]
BCM Gunfighter for most applications; Reptilia for PDWs.

BCM now has the PDW grip, might try one.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:01:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Griffin Armament A3
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Griffin Armament A3

This above, the A3 is a good grip if you like the A1/A2 but with less angle and the texture is fantastic.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:54:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/13/2022 1:26:28 AM EDT
[#21]
MOE+
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:57:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Magpul K2+
View Quote

Rubber grip master race...
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 2:56:01 PM EDT
[#23]
I like the Magpul MOESL .  

Link Posted: 3/13/2022 3:12:00 PM EDT
[#24]
BCM Mod 3 fan here too. I had to cut the tang to get it on my PSA KS47--easy fix.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 5:54:16 PM EDT
[#25]
MagPul K2
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 2:17:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Magpul K2+
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/14/2022 9:55:01 AM EDT
[#27]
BCM Mod 3 or MOD 1 for me on 99% of everything.  I'm trying out the TangoDown reduced angle grip on my latest build but so far I do not like it was well.  I wanted to but but I'm probably going to be switching it out for the BCM
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:01:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

I just cut it off on my last one.  Or, you can get the MOD 1 and use the insert that does not have the extension
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 10:50:36 AM EDT
[#29]
K2+ at the moment
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 11:46:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Magpul MOE, because it matches my favorite handguard.  I also like to store a sight tool in the compartment.
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 1:00:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Although I am interested to see what the FCD improved A2 grip will be about if it ever comes to the market.
View Quote

Where was this mentioned?
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 1:14:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Bcm mod3
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 1:21:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Although I am interested to see what the FCD improved A2 grip will be about if it ever comes to the market.

Mentioned and already shown.

@Duffy
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 2:08:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

@Duffy
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Duffy

Hmm, I wonder if I already saw it and somehow forgot? I may be interested since Colt stopped using/selling the good A2 grips.

@Duffy indeed.
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 2:22:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Basic bitch MOE for me.
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 4:08:04 PM EDT
[#36]
They're going to production very soon, shop has concerns about the tiny logo and Made in USA text on top of the grip.  The pic exists on our site, on the HF-601 product page.

It's a shortened A2 grip with thumb shelves, no change to the A2's grip angle, no storage compartment.  The Compact A2 Grip (FCD designation) isn't meant to compete with many superb grips already in the space, many of which we carry and like.  Ours is based on a chopped A2 grip I made more than a decade ago.  Other than the shortened length, it differs from the A2 in that it has no side serrations panels, but has useful shelves for the user's thumb.  Like A2, it also doesn't have a storage compartment, I don't believe in making the gun into a storage platform.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 4:55:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
They're going to production very soon, shop has concerns about the tiny logo and Made in USA text on top of the grip.  The pic exists on our site, on the HF-601 product page.

It's a shortened A2 grip with thumb shelves, no change to the A2's grip angle, no storage compartment.  The Compact A2 Grip (FCD designation) isn't meant to compete with many superb grips already in the space, many of which we carry and like.  Ours is based on a chopped A2 grip I made more than a decade ago.  Other than the shortened length, it differs from the A2 in that it has no side serrations panels, but has useful shelves for the user's thumb.  Like A2, it also doesn't have a storage compartment, I don't believe in making the gun into a storage platform.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/781/Capture_JPG-2314507.JPG
View Quote

What's the grip texture like on the sides?
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 4:55:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Interesting... I might have to try one out. Just have to figure out which rifle I'd put it on. Good on keeping the angle and not adding storage. I was thinking an improved A2 might delete the finger bump, though it really doesn't bother me that much.
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 4:59:41 PM EDT
[#39]
BCM Gunfighter is my favorite, but I have a few different Magpul grips and I'm comfortable with them all.
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 5:14:16 PM EDT
[#40]
The texture isn't smooth, and has sufficient traction/friction.

There is a version without the finger groove below the trigger guard, both will be offered
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 5:19:08 PM EDT
[#41]
BCM Mod2 with largest backing
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 5:36:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. Plus maybe a K2 every now and then. I've tried just about all of them.
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 5:50:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The texture isn't smooth, and has sufficient traction/friction.

There is a version without the finger groove below the trigger guard, both will be offered
View Quote

Where do I sign up!?
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 10:41:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Never had much grip "fever" and not much choice several decades ago but:

Magpul MIAD, Tangodown, Hogue original & an original "rare" RRA badged Hogue.

Sorta prefer the Hogue for "precision" rigs and always wanted a left hand Sierra Precision Grip but
I don't think anybody ever made one or at least WES @MSTN couldn't ever get one.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 12:49:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:  Like A2, it also doesn't have a storage compartment, I don't believe in making the gun into a storage platform.

View Quote

But it's just so handy to be able to have tools, batteries,  earplugs or whatever in there!

The gun does not need to be a "storage platform" but the convenience is nice.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:54:50 PM EDT
[#46]
There are plenty of places to store things

Pockets, packs, pouches, these are devices designed to store and carry things.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 5:18:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Plus, those Magpul grip caps have been known to pop out on their own. So all that cool stuff you had stored in there could be lost very easily.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 5:40:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Magpul K2 right up until the point I tried a LaRue A-Peg for the first time.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 7:26:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Plus, those Magpul grip caps have been known to pop out on their own. So all that cool stuff you had stored in there could be lost very easily.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really? That would take a lot of vibration as they seem to like to stay on until some effort is given with the release tab.

And Duffy, I'd be fine with your no plug grip. I only need just one plugged, it's where I keep my stamped form 1 miniature copy for my SBR. Wherever that rifle goes, it goes too
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 8:38:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Really? That would take a lot of vibration as they seem to like to stay on until some effort is given with the release tab.

And Duffy, I'd be fine with your no plug grip. I only need just one plugged, it's where I keep my stamped form 1 miniature copy for my SBR. Wherever that rifle goes, it goes too
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not sure if it is or was an issue with the Magpul grip caps themselves (never happened to me personally) or if it was user error in not making sure that the grip caps were fully pushed up into place and clipped in, but I've heard of it happening more than a few times.

I do know that the grip caps on older Magpul grips used to be pretty loose to where they'd rattle around kinda loosely in the grip. However, on the Magpul grips I've received over the last 5 or so years the grip caps no longer rattle... So Magpul has tightened things up in that area.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top