Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/6/2022 3:55:11 PM EDT
Curious as to your opinion...

I picked up a 403R to stick on a range toy. When I opened up the battery compartment to put a battery in one of the 'finger' contacts for the battery was broken off and floating around in the battery compartment. Fantastic. Rest of the fingers seem like they'll still handle the job, the dot works so far, and I don't feel like dicking around trying to RMA it. I think it will still be fine, what say you?

On a related note about range toy red dots, the rheostat knob and battery cover on the 403R make the ones on the PA MD-25 look like a joke.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 2:18:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I would send it back.  That missing connection can cause problems under use; recoil, training, etc...I own 3 403R and have not turned them off or changed a battery yet.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 8:20:47 AM EDT
[#2]
The 403R is my go-to budget red dot. I prefer the rheostat over push buttons, and I hate the battery trays that sit underneath the red dot with the tiny screws that get stripped or lost.

Personally, I would send it back and get a replacement.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 8:41:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Good luck with warranty work from them.  After receiving your optic, 20 business days until they'll talk to you.  No exceptions.  I have two 510s and a 507 but won't be buying anything Holosun again.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 9:37:31 AM EDT
[#4]
I would go through the retailer you bought it from if it was broken when you received it. Going through Holosun for warranty work would be my last resort. Hopefully you bought from a reputable retailer with good customer service and a return policy.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 11:14:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good luck with warranty work from them.  After receiving your optic, 20 business days until they'll talk to you.  No exceptions.  I have two 510s and a 507 but won't be buying anything Holosun again.
View Quote

Crazy,

I had a vortex and holosun go down at about the same time. The Holosun warranty was resolved faster than Vortex.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 2:52:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I would go through the retailer you bought it from if it was broken when you received it. Going through Holosun for warranty work would be my last resort. Hopefully you bought from a reputable retailer with good customer service and a return policy.
View Quote

Got it from AIM, I spose I can shoot them an email about it.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 3:55:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Got it from AIM, I spose I can shoot them an email about it.
View Quote

AIM is good people, they'll take care of you.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 3:58:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

AIM is good people, they'll take care of you.
View Quote

As expected...

I can RMA it with Holosun myself or return it to AIM for a refund.

Fun fact, Holosun's online RMA request is an 8 page google form. Neat.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 4:17:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Welp, already received an RMA number and shipping label from Holosun.

everythingwentbetterthanexpected.meme.jpg
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 5:50:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Welp, already received an RMA number and shipping label from Holosun.

everythingwentbetterthanexpected.meme.jpg
View Quote

They're very quick with sending the RMA number and label.  Keep all your correspondence and keep in mind, it's impossible to discuss anything about your return until they have it in hand for 20 business days. The robot guy that answers the phone will be more than happy to remind you of the 20 business day clause. I'm pretty sure that's the only thing he's allowed to say.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top