Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2018 9:04:58 PM EDT
Hello all,

I need you guys input regarding zeroing this Sight...

Do you zero by moving the dot/triangle (POA) to the point of impact (POI)? Or do you move the POI to the POA (in the center of the bulleyes)

I know with conventional iron sites, like M16, you move the point of impact to the desire location. If it was shooting LOW and to the right, you would move UP and to the left. I know this is the same way Eotech,Aimpoint,ACOG are zero... You move the POI to the desire location..

It appears the Deltapoint Pro is the opposite. You move the red dot/triangle to the point of impact.
If it was shooting Low to the right, you move the dial to the point of impact...which....means..you move DOWN and to the right..

Is this what everyone is experiencing with this? I know along time ago, JPOINT was the same way...You move the dot towards the POI.

When I try to move the POI to the desire location (center of bullseye)....it made it worse............Seems like it made the distance even greater. Didnt bring enough ammo to finish zeroing...as I was zeroing other sights...

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 9:59:50 PM EDT
[#1]
It's been a couple years since I put the DP Pros on my wife's CZ75 and my AR15 pistol.

But I think they adjust like a scope.  If the bullets hit below point of aim I turned the screw in the "up" direction.

I will say that the DP Pro would not zero on my wife's CZ75.  I tried both of them (dot and triangle) and neither had enough upward adjustment range to get the POI up to the POA.  Both ended up shooting about 8" low at 7 yds.  I had to put a strip of hard plastic line (I think I used trimmer line, but don't remember the diameter) placed at the rear of the cut to get the back of the sight raised up far enough to get the necessary adjustment range.

I heard, later, that during that time others had the same issue with DP Pros installed on CZ's.  The company that did the milling on the slide advised me to contact Leupold and tell them the problem and they would allow me to send my sights back to be replaced by DP Pros that did have the necessary vertical adjustment range.  The piece of plastic line is still working.

The one I put on the AR15 pistol worked fine, no issues.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 11:54:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Hello all,

I need you guys input regarding zeroing this Sight...

Do you zero by moving the dot/triangle (POA) to the point of impact (POI)? Or do you move the POI to the POA (in the center of the bulleyes)

I know with conventional iron sites, like M16, you move the point of impact to the desire location. If it was shooting LOW and to the right, you would move UP and to the left. I know this is the same way Eotech,Aimpoint,ACOG are zero... You move the POI to the desire location..

It appears the Deltapoint Pro is the opposite. You move the red dot/triangle to the point of impact.
If it was shooting Low to the right, you move the dial to the point of impact...which....means..you move DOWN and to the right..

Is this what everyone is experiencing with this? I know along time ago, JPOINT was the same way...You move the dot towards the POI.

When I try to move the POI to the desire location (center of bullseye)....it made it worse............Seems like it made the distance even greater. Didnt bring enough ammo to finish zeroing...as I was zeroing other sights...

Thanks
View Quote

Zero like any scope. Don't confuse moving the dot vs moving the bullet. Put your POA, dot, on bullseye and shoot. Move bullet, POI, per arrows on elevation and windage knobs.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 9:27:25 AM EDT
[#3]
It zeros like a scope.  If the bullet hits low, move the elevation screw up, in the direction of the arrow.

FWIW, I have the 7.5 MOA Delta triangle reticle.  I use the sharp tip as my aiming point for a 50 yard zero.  Once so zeroed, when shooting in close, I just center the whole triangle on the chest of a man sized target.   Best of both worlds.  You can shoot very good groups with that sharp tip, and have very rapid target acquisition with the whole triangle.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 9:44:10 AM EDT
[#4]
I guess I may have a defective scope. I run out of adjustment in trying to bring the point of impact up. I am about 10 inches low.
I aim in the head and and I am hitting torso..

It's mounted on GLOCK 18 MOS. GEN 4..
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 7:04:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I guess I may have a defective scope. I run out of adjustment in trying to bring the point of impact up. I am about 10 inches low.
I aim in the head and and I am hitting torso..

It's mounted on GLOCK 18 MOS. GEN 4..
View Quote
Contact Leupold.  What base plate are you using?  That may be your problem.  Are you using the Leupold pistol mount kit?  Or Glock's MOS plate for the DPP?  On pistols you must get the base mount plate right.  If it shoots low and you do have the correct base plate, you might have to put a small shim under the bottom back of the base to raise the rear of the sight in relationship to the bore, making the bore point up in relationship to your sight picture.

I'm sure you know this, so I apologize, but just in case to move the bullet up, turn the elevation screw in the direction of the arrow.  If you've done that and maxed out, then you need to figure out if you have the wrong base plate, whether the plate is defective, or whether the slide on the Glock is not seating the plate parallel to the bore.   A small shim in the back, under the plate, may be all you need if you have the proper plate.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 8:59:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Glock's MOS plate for the DPPro..
Looks parallel..Placed the gun in a vice. Placed a small level...it parallel with the slide.

I will try the shim......in the rear of the sight...to see if that solve the problem.

Confirmed it's the DDP MOS plate...

That's what I initially did...to bring the shot group up. I turned the direction of the arrow....which is COUNTERCLOCKWISE.........and that when everything fell apart.

I will try again next weekend.........
I'll buy a cheapo laser boresight...to see if i can get close to zero..

Appreciate all the input!!!
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 10:22:48 PM EDT
[#7]
You’re moving the impact. The bullet needs to go up and left? Dial the DPP U and L accordingly. They’re 1 MOA per click aren’t they? Going off memory. I did my Rattler a few weeks ago, that’s the RDS I went with.

ETA: Glock 18? That’s tits. Also, if it’s hitting that low either you were adjusting the wrong direction or something is funny with your mounting system. There is no reason for you to be maxed out and that far off. I’d suspect something wrong with your plate/mount setup first, optic second.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top