Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2018 4:26:10 PM EDT
I've been trying to decide on what scope I should get for a scar 17. I'm trying to see what options there are for a slightly higher magnification optic in the ~2-10x range and running a small red dot. The three FFP scopes that I have come across are:

1. Eotech Vudu 2.5-10x-44mm

2. Burris XTRII 2-10x-42mm

3. Vortex Viper PST II 2-10x-32mm

I can't seem to find any reviews on the Eotech and am a little hesitant simply by the fact it is an eotech product. I'm looking for a mil/mil scope and the Burris's mil reticle doesn't seem that impressive. The viper's smaller objective seems to cancel out the point of going for one of these over a 1-8x optic. Any opinion on these scopes from people who have them or other suggestions?

I am also considering a 1-8 optic, but the objective on those scopes tend to max out at 24mm and I would like something with a larger objective for darker conditions. There is also a lot more discussion on them so if I decide to go that direction, I already have a pretty good idea of what I would get.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 4:38:12 PM EDT
[#1]
i have #3 on an 18" LaRue Stealth.  Love it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 5:40:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Tango6 2-12x

Tango6 glass is much better than the PST and XTR.

I also love how the turrets operate on the Tango6.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 9:31:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Atibal has a new 1-10x30 with ED glass and 35mm body that looks very interesting and it’s priced well under $1,000. I’m recalling looking forward to some reviews and comparisons. This is on my short list.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 11:20:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Trijicon Accupower 2.5-10x56mm? MOA and Mil reticles (dealers choice). Not sure how they hold up on SCARs which are notoriously rough on optics.

ETA missed the part about FFP
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 11:50:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Absolutely love my 2-10x42 Veracity. Assuming it's essentially the same scope (minus illumination and different reticle) I'd recommend the XTR II.
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 11:28:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the pst 2x10 gen 2 and it is a good scope for for the money.  I got a really good price for it a year ago and have been shooting it a lot lately. Under 700 dollars new

Some good things
turrents are big with zero stop
Lumenated crosshairs
Warranty
Decent clicks on turrets
Side focus
Glass is pretty clear
CA are okay on high contrast targets (purple fringing)

Some things dont like:

Magnification ring is way too stiff.  Vortex needs to add the damn throw lever to their scopes.

Too heavy for what it is 30mm tube.  This should under 20 ounces.

Battery life sucks for the recticle and not daylight bright.

Ffp recticle is useless at x2 way too thin to be accurate.

Turrents not lockable.

Eye as little tight at 10x

Sig scopes are nice but they are extremely long and heavy.  Also their 2x12 does not have a side focus.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top