Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2015 11:31:49 PM EDT
Guys I feel like I am not understanding correctly,
Trijicon usually makes great products so I am confused as of why all of their accupoint and accupower scopes lack adjustability range.
All of them have what I understand to be 40MOA elevation adjustment......ehhh what?! 60Moa is the minimum adjustment range one would want for a quality scope, I hope it's mistake on their website, and hope they mean 80, 40 each direction. Otherwise they would run out of adjustment nearing the 600 yds mark, and require a slanted scope base.
75-77 gr 223 ammo needs 21Moa to reach 700yds, so depending on your scope base and rifle setup, if your 100yd zero is at 1 moa from the middle of the scope adjustment, you wouldn't be able to reach 700 yds with their scopes .... Forget about 1000 yds with a 308 .

Any input?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:59:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I just spun the elevation turret on a 4-16 accupower, it had 29 mils of adjustment from top to bottom.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:43:28 PM EDT
[#2]
29 Mils is roughly 100 MOA in that case the scope would be great for sub 1000yds.

However product specs talk about 11 and 12 MILS (40MOA) so now i am super confused.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:13:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I used a 4-16 Accupower with the MOA reticle at the guardian match this summer in MI, and using the reticle and a little adjustment on the turrets I had no problems with my .308 @ 1000.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:37:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I am sure using the reticle one can accomoddate, i just can't believe that using these scopes on a .223, one can't dial in for 650 yards.

I am going to look into slanted scope bases , i really think an accupower is the best quality Illuminated reticle scope available for under 1k, but i really don't feel like setting up the rifle and tehn finding out the scope can't make it to 22MOA by itself.

Anyone have suggestions on slanted rails? I intend on keeping my ARMS QD scope base and attaching it to the slanted rail.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:11:54 AM EDT
[#5]
gluca, you are correct - the AccuPower adjustment ranges provided on Trij's website appear to be typos. Double the adjustment ranges shown and you get the actual spec for each model. "40 MOA total travel" turns into 80...

ETA: Looks like their website has the updated numbers now. https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product3b.php?pid=RS29-C-1900020

A 20moa base is still a good idea in my opinion.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:52:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Jimminy Christmas.  Glad they fixed that. That's not the first time that's happened.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:04:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
gluca, you are correct - the AccuPower adjustment ranges provided on Trij's website appear to be typos. Double the adjustment ranges shown and you get the actual spec for each model. "40 MOA total travel" turns into 80...

ETA: Looks like their website has the updated numbers now. https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product3b.php?pid=RS29-C-1900020

View Quote

Did we get that done?
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:51:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Did we get that done?
Behold the power of the hive.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:28:06 PM EDT
[#9]
OMG WE DID LOL!!!!!
Well, just out of the fact that they are paying attention to what people are saying I'm going to be buying an accuoowr powered today .
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:43:28 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm kinda wanting the 4-16 myself.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:09:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
OMG WE DID LOL!!!!!
Well, just out of the fact that they are paying attention to what people are saying I'm going to be buying an accuoowr powered today .
View Quote

On a related note, Trijicon never posted the BDC drop subtensions for the VCOG reticles for some reason.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top