Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2015 5:25:39 PM EDT
Hey,

I'm wondering which optic options would fit the needs of my next build.
It will be an 8.5" 300 blk SBR, mainly used for short range stuff, so prefer a red dot/holo over a scope.
Also need it to be compact (to fit multiple uppers in a pelican case), something like an aimpoint PRO is too large for my needs.

I have a budget of under $600
My first choice would be Aimpoint Micro T1/T2 but the price is a big turn-off.

My next candidate is the EOTech 300 blk model:

I already own an XPS 2-0 for my other AR, so I am already familiar with eotechs, and it's been reliable for me so far.
Also have a primary arms 3x magnifier to use it on.

Trying to keep this a high end optic, staying away from primary arms red dot and stuff

Anyone have experience with the 300 blk eotech or another optic good for that caliber?

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 6:20:50 PM EDT
[#1]
What about an Aimpoint H1? If you don't require night vision or diving further than 15', it is otherwise the same as a T1. The price difference could go towards a mount. Both LaRue and Primary Arms have nice package deals. I got just the optic without mount and went with the Fortis F1 cantilever mount, because i wanted strong and light weight without the qd which wouldn't be used anyway. By the way, total weight of optic and mount is only 4.1 oz. Apologies for the grainy ipod pics

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top