BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2015 8:44:02 PM EDT
Yes or No

If not, then who?

I'm looking for an excellent set of BUIS for my 16" AR15.  

I have the Magpul BUIS Pro's on another rifle...and really like them.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 8:45:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 8:58:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I doubt it. I think the military has a lot of Kac, but not sure what would be considered standard
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 3:17:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I doubt it. I think the military has a lot of Kac, but not sure what would be considered standard
View Quote

I thought they took em off and sold them for cheap on eBay.

And industry standard depends on what industry / market your talking about. Get a set of troys and you might find your self replacing them with a second set of troys
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 3:53:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Troy sights used to be the standard in which other sights were measured by but they kind of shot themselves in the foot by changing the mount design.

I have a few sets with the original mount design. They are fantastic sights and I can't think of a current sight on the market I would trade them for.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 5:20:59 PM EDT
[#5]
No.  For military applications the KAC irons seem to be the norm now.  For all other uses you will most frequently find the ubiquitous and extremely durable folding Magpul MBUS.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 8:11:20 PM EDT
[#6]
No magpul has taken over as the standard in my opinion.

Sure some guns in the past used Troy as their standard sights but now you're starting to see more and more magpul sights. Durable and cheaper - a big +1 for manufacturers who are trying to increase their profits.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 10:22:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I guess it depends on what year mil your taking about all I used for irons (00-05) was the standard a2 setup which was great I'm going to be using the lmt a2 set on next build.

I've never seen troy on a mil rifle. But have seen the kac ones.

If you like the magpul pros why not get them again?  

I have the mbus 2s on all my rifles that have a rds just for back up the a2s will be on an iron only rifle.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:32:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for all the feedback.  I decided to get another set of the Magpul Pro's.  

Primary Arms has them on sale $120 for the set.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 1:49:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Fuck Troy.  KAC or Magpul FTW.

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:35:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fuck Troy.  KAC or Magpul FTW.  
View Quote

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top