Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2015 2:14:43 PM EDT
I want something different and I'm considering an Eotech.  In saying that I've got a pair of Aimpoints and a few 1-4x scopes.  I've had friends tell me how they drain batteries without being on and they just flat out break.  I'm mostly talking about the XPS.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:24:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I have no experience with Eotech but may I suggest you look into the Meprolight Tru-Dot RDS. I have one and am very pleased with it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:55:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I've used them for years.  They are GTG.  I like the larger field of view as opposed to some of the other brands which are more "scope-like".  Targets are easier to acquire, in my opinion.  Of course, YMMV.   Oh...   and..  They are tough as hell..  Hold a great zero...  Great battery life...  I like the adjustable brightness...  Be sure to spend a little more and get one of the night vision compatible models.  You may not have NV right now...   But you will someday.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 3:16:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine was GTG.

Battery life did suck.

My aimpoints have been on since I bought them.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 3:29:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I want something different and I'm considering an Eotech.  In saying that I've got a pair of Aimpoints and a few 1-4x scopes.  I've had friends tell me how they drain batteries without being on and they just flat out break.  I'm mostly talking about the XPS.
View Quote

As far as I know the issues you describe were long ago addressed, I know the EXPS and XPS line don't suffer from them.  

I still use a 551 which is probably the Eotech people like the least.  It has always worked fine for me.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 3:44:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Have an EXPS2.0. No issues. Also have an Aimpoint Pro.

Seems like I always pick the rifle with the Eotech to go shooting.

The Pro is on my SHTF rifle if that matters. But I also have rechargable Batteries for the Eotech.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 4:03:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I have an EXPS 2-0. I love the field of view and reticle. I don't like the battery life, auto off and having to adjust reticle briteness every time I turn it on.

With that being said, I am glad I have it. It's a nice optic and gets used a lot. You have to decide what features are most important to you.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 4:27:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I prefer Aimpoints and have owned a few EoTechs, they are worth the money if you prefer them.
What ever works best for you is worth it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 4:47:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I have an Eotech 552 (older model that uses AA batteries) that came on a used carbine I bought in 2008. I absolutely love it, the reticle alone is far and away much better than any Aimpoint; up close it is much faster for my eyes, and the 65 MOA donut of death can be used to range at slightly longer distances. I'm willing to replace the batteries once every 12-18 months to have those options. YMMV.

I've heard a lot of people say astigmatism can make the Eotech reticle very distorted, but I don't have that issue; it's still something to consider before you buy.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:20:01 PM EDT
[#9]
no
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:48:30 PM EDT
[#10]
I have an xps and a couple t-1s....if I didn't have a buddy sell me the xps for $300, I'd have three t-1s.  I still like the eotech for what it is, I just like the t-1 much better.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:59:09 PM EDT
[#11]
I like them. But I have never bought one and paid retail.

I own two that I got in package deals/buying guns.

I probably paid 30% of retail for the two I have.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:36:31 PM EDT
[#12]
I think I want to change things up and find a cheap xps in the EE.  Thanks,
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:29:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Eotech ' s  are GTG
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top