Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2014 8:26:46 AM EDT
Looking for the best price on LaRue Tactical SPR / M4 Scope Mount QD LT104?

Thank you,

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 1:33:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Thank you,

View Quote

Me too! LOL I was torn between the Burris PEPR or the LaRue. I found the PEPR for $68 + shipping. LaRue is offering free shipping today only but it still costs $210. It's hard to justify that kind of price for a range gun.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 1:43:15 PM EDT
[#2]
buy it with a scope is one of two ways to get a deal on it.

the other way is to buy used
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 2:33:31 PM EDT
[#3]
$209 for a better mount at SWFA. Bobro mounts can be swapped from one weapon to another without tools, does not need to be re-adjusted, no re-zeroing when returned & readjusted back to to original weapon. Just keep track of how many clicks and you're back on zero (from weapon to weapon). I have mostly LaRue mounts, but am replacing them with Bobro one at a time. I wish I knew better before I bought them.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 2:54:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Me too! LOL I was torn between the Burris PEPR or the LaRue. I found the PEPR for $68 + shipping. LaRue is offering free shipping today only but it still costs $210. It's hard to justify that kind of price for a range gun.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you,

It might be, but the PEPR does not return to zero, at least in my experience.  It was the first QD I bought, because like you, there was no way I was going to spend the $210 for the LaRue.  This one went on my .308 AR.  After having to zero the Viper PST for the 4th time, I bought an ADM QD.  This mount could be removed, and returned to zero each time.  It made me a believer of quality QDs, and you get what you pay for.  

I now own 4 of the LT104s Honestly, with the money that is dropped on quality glass, it is hard to justify NOT using a mount that you know will RTZ.  

If you are actually going to remove the scope, and re-install it later with the expectation of RTZ, be careful with the PEPR, in my opinion.  Maybe I was just unlucky, but I am not the only one to experience this.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 9:29:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I am also looking at it b/c it is 7 oz, "relatively" light.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 9:33:05 PM EDT
[#6]
TexasTony, I've been checking out the Bobro and LaRue mounts all day online. I think ARgonot has a point and I'm leaning toward the Bobro more and more. I believe they are worth a look.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 7:47:11 AM EDT
[#7]
I think I prefer the LARue name with 2 means of attachment, and it seems to have the same features (whether it really RTZ or not, I have seen the LaRue does it).

Now if it was 2 oz lighter, or $100 cheaper, I'd probably look deeper.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top