Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2014 3:08:38 PM EDT
I ordered a riser mount from eBay and it came broken. One of the pins(part that fits in the groove) looks sheared off. The seller is telling me that's how they are made, one round pin, one flat. Is he just trying to get out of fixing the problem?
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 3:18:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Post a picture and Ill try to help.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 3:24:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I can't post a  pic. I don't have "permission"." I only have an icon for pic url
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 3:39:44 PM EDT
[#3]
This is what I ordered, Idk why I can't post a pic from my saved pics on my phone

Link Posted: 8/9/2014 4:36:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Well I just found this same rail by a different seller and he had pics of the pins and they look just like what I received, one round pin, one flat. So I guess that how they were made.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 4:43:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Well I just found this same rail by a different seller and he had pics of the pins and they look just like what I received, one round pin, one flat. So I guess that how they were made.
View Quote
Yea thats pretty much normal if it looks like the pic above.

Link Posted: 8/10/2014 4:05:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I've never seen a mount with one round pin, one flat. Usually they have 2 round pins
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 4:23:20 PM EDT
[#7]
It is definitely not uncommon. You see them a lot with mounts that are supposed to work with both Weaver and Picatinny rails as the notch spacing is not the same
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top