Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2013 12:41:59 PM EDT
I just got a s&w mp 15 sport and want to upgrade it.  I searched many places and found this quad rail. (Link below). Any opinions on it?  Never heard of the company and it seems pretty cheap BUT it has great reviews.  Just wanted to know if anyone on here knew anything about the brand or if it would be a good rail.  Also I bought a Simmons red dot sight a while ago and tried mounting it on my gun with the top rail it came with.  I got it on but even when I tighten the screws it wobbles.  Am I doing something wrong?  Thanks in advance!

Quad rail Amazon
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 12:45:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Technically what you are doing wrong is not buying quality parts.

If you want your AR to work and work well, buy the best.

The hand guard you mentioned is not very good imo, but it does have good reviews so it should be okay for a purely range toy.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 1:11:38 PM EDT
[#2]
The old saying 'you get what you pay for' is right at home in the gun industry.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:26:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Stop buying crap and your problems will solve themselves.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:40:53 PM EDT
[#4]
cheap chicom crap.

that goes for the rail and the red dot.

If you want a good inexpensive rail yhm has a few good ones for around 130 if you shop around.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:51:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I just got a s&w mp 15 sport and want to upgrade it.  I searched many places and found this quad rail. (Link below). Any opinions on it?  Never heard of the company and it seems pretty cheap BUT it has great reviews.  Just wanted to know if anyone on here knew anything about the brand or if it would be a good rail.  Also I bought a Simmons red dot sight a while ago and tried mounting it on my gun with the top rail it came with.  I got it on but even when I tighten the screws it wobbles.  Am I doing something wrong?  Thanks in advance!

Quad rail Amazon
View Quote

I would say ditch the cheap red dot, and get a PA micro.

A s far as the rail goes, what do you plan to do with it?
I have a close friend who bought that exact same rail for his M&P sport, because that is all he could afford with saving up for a house and all, and he has had it on his AR for two years with a Surefire light, and vltor mount I gave him for it, and a grip.

He also has the PA micro with ADM mount, I gave him two years ago still going strong.

The only downside I see with those cheaper rails is the heavier weight they have.

Definitely don't cheap out on a red dot though.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:18:05 PM EDT
[#6]
you probably couldnt find a more junky rail than that one.
if you ever plan to put anything on it , especially an optic, you need a freefloating rail. not that thing.

this would be a "downgrade" NOT an upgrade.

people buying cheap to this degree i dont get. $25?

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:18:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
you probably couldnt find a more junky rail than that one.
if you ever plan to put anything on it , especially an optic, you need a freefloating rail. not that thing.

this would be a "downgrade" NOT an upgrade.

people buying cheap to this degree i dont get. $25?

View Quote

Instead of insulting the guy, maybe you could ask what he needs it for? or if he can afford a better rail right now?
Maybe direct him to a better quality rail like one poster already has?

This is the kind of crap that gets these threads locked
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top