Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2013 9:28:49 AM EDT
I have purchased a KAC SR-15E3 IWS LPR and Leupold VX•R Patrol 1.25-4x20mm (30mm).

I have decided that Larue Tactical is going to be the source for my scope mount.  I'm also going to choose the VFZ™ mount option (not a cost issue).  I started looking at the Warne R.A.M.P. and Burris P.E.P.R. mounts first, but decided against them for various reasons.

I'm trying to decide between the LT807 and LT104.  Is there a reason that I can't span the receiver and the free-floating, continuous top rail system if I need to move the scope forward using the LT807 mount?  If it is was a monolithic upper, I know wouldn't have to ask.

My desire is to have to scope at iron sights height (about 1.4").  I currently have Warne Maxima Magnum AR-15 Flat Top Rings (30mm, Steel, QD, Ultra High, Matte Black - 217LM) on my AR-10 that has a 50mm objective scope.

Your thoughts please.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:44:15 AM EDT
[#1]
LT 104 I would not want to bridge the optic do to possible rotation of the forearm
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 11:28:39 AM EDT
[#2]
If you're worried about the 1.375" height of the LT807 vs the 1.5" height of the LT104, don't be - the 104 is just perfect in my opinion and there's no reason to get the 807 for your setup.

Get the LT104 and don't look back.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 10:43:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys!  A recommendation and a second...and no ones disgrees.  Sounds like I have my answer.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:39:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Earlier tonight I mounted my Nikon on a LT104.  Its height allows for scope clearance above my Troy BUIS.  With the Butler Creek cover, there is no room to spare - perfect fit.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top