Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2013 4:41:56 PM EDT
I got a new VX-R patrol tonight and the rubberized button that changes the intensity and turns it on/off will periodically get stuck in the down position. The only way to get it unstuck is to unscrew the button and it pops back out, making a sound like it was under vacuum. Has anyone experienced this before?
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 7:18:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a problem when I first switched it on. It would either shut off when fired or would get stuck, but it rectified itself after 10 or so rounds.

I was getting ready to repack it and send it back for an exchange. I wouldn't mess with it. Either send it back to seller if able too, or contact leupold

P.S.; Don't over tighten the battery cover. Might help
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 3:32:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I would also recommend loosening the cover on the battery also, see if that doesn't help.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 12:02:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Just got mine today, same issue.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 12:20:03 PM EDT
[#4]
My buddy Got one a week ago and had a similar issue. He took the battery cap off and on a dozen times or so and it seemed to work OK. He hasnt fired it yet, so unable to confirm that there is no issue.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 4:19:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Just an update, I exchanged mine at Gander Mountain last week and the clerk pulled the remaining two out of stock and we tried them out. None of those two had any trouble with the button but both exhibited some illumination of the bottom post when the brightness was turned way up in low light conditions.

There really wasn't a middle ground on the battery cap tightness it was either tight and sealed our loose and about to fall off. Given the fact that the other two didnt have that problem, I think it was defective.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 6:13:54 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Just an update, I exchanged mine at Gander Mountain last week and the clerk pulled the remaining two out of stock and we tried them out. None of those two had any trouble with the button but both exhibited some illumination of the bottom post when the brightness was turned way up in low light conditions.

There really wasn't a middle ground on the battery cap tightness it was either tight and sealed our loose and about to fall off. Given the fact that the other two didnt have that problem, I think it was defective.

Had the same problem with mine.  It actually worked in after I played with it for a bit.  

I think the illumination setup on the VX-R is the biggest fault of the scope line.  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top