Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2012 4:13:34 PM EDT
I recently recieved a set of Diamondhead sights for my Stag 3L, the front sight being for a reduced height gas block.  I recieved them without any paperwork and could use some assistance sighting them in correctly and at what range works the best for an backup sight.  I shot alot of different rifles including AR's but this is my first personally owned AR.  So far Diamondhead hasn't responded to my inquiry's.  For some background information the rifle is setup with Stag's PLUS package to run heavier 5.56 rounds such as 62-75 grain rounds although most likly i'll being running standard 55 grain rounds. It has a heavy buffer and a 1:7 twist barrel.  I've heard alot about sighting at 25m for 300m range but everything I read has to do with standard A2 sights and so on.  Any help would be appreciated I love the sight picture these sights produce.
Link Posted: 3/23/2012 8:09:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Go to the AR optics FAQ at the top of this page and check out the AR zeroing section.Lots of good info on trajectories,bullet wgts.and so forth.

I run Diamondhead sights and really like em.Some folks think the sight picture being a little different is kinda gimmicky but I like it and the double diamond seems to give me quicker

target acquisition.

I decided that the 50yd. zero was the best way to go for me.Good hits from 25-200 yds without to much worry about adjusting for elevation.

Check the charts and you can determine which zero works best for you and the bullet wgts.and distances you'll beshooting at.
Link Posted: 3/24/2012 7:22:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah i've looked those over, wasn't sure if it would work well with MBUIS sights.  Thanks for the info.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top