Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2012 5:45:25 AM EDT
I was hoping someone would have some input on  these scopes.  I really don't know which way to go as I have never dealt much with the tactical side of things as far as scopes go.  Or if you would suggest either a fixed 3 to 6 power scope that would be great also.  I want to spend 500 or under and want the compact design.  It seems that there is really nothing out there for the style that I want.  You go from $200 ish  and then the next one is $1000.  Are there any around the 500 mark which I have always found gives you the best all round deal as far as quality, durability and price.

Thank You for the Help.  I just found this site and have become addicted already.

http://www.valhallaarmory.com/3_9X42_Ultimate_AR_15_Scope_p/st3942gdmod1.htm

http://www.valhallaarmory.com/2_7x32_DEFENDER_Package_p/defender.htm

http://www.valhallaarmory.com/AR_15_Scope_Terminator_Package_p/terminator.htm

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 6:08:06 AM EDT
[#1]
They look like they are NcSTAR scopes and they are the worst out there especially for over $200.00 .I know they look tacticool but take most people on here's word for it they are pieces of shit and there are much better options out there.If you don't want to spend a lot of money and want a decent optic from what the people on this site recommend look a Primary arms for a good deal .NcStar is air-soft junk that is overpriced and sometimes falls apart at the first outing.

If you are looking to spend over $200.00 on that crap, instead look at Eotech or an Aimpoint pro for around $400.00.
If you want to stay around the $200.00 mark then I'm sure you can find something at Primary Arms.

Edit - Welcome to the site and have fun.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 6:13:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd stick with known commodities.

Also, what is your intended use?

With care and consideration you can get into a good mid-range optics package from Burris, Nikon, Bushnell, or maybe even Leupold.  A lot of folks over-scope their guns.  Just don't expect too many features to be packed into the scopes for those prices.  Which shouldn't be a problem because the low end optics that claim and attempt to offer the feature set of a $2,000 night force or USO for $250 usually don't work the way they advertise it anyways.  Also, part of your budget needs to include about $60-70 minimum for a decent scope mount.

Give us a bit more detail on your rifle setup, what you like to shoot at, and what you envision your intended use to be and we will help put you in the right direction!  Welcome aboard
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 6:21:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a DPMS mini sass and will be primarily be using it for coyote and p. dog hunting.  Shots can range from 50 yrds to 300 yrds.  If I know that I am going to be taking the long shots, I have a nikon 4.5-14 scope that I can put on it.  I am basically looking for something compact for the normal use.  I found a burris ar-332 at my local shop for $299, but I don't know if that will be enough to do what I need it to do.  If it was a fixed 6 power I would have already bought it.

Thank you for the help!
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 6:23:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Stay away from scopes that have gimmicks like 5 different reticles or that have a reticle that can switch back and forth red/green.

Every thing about them is junk.  and the mounts they come with might as well be made of drywall.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 7:26:03 PM EDT
[#5]
ttt  hoping for more opinions.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 7:33:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
ttt  hoping for more opinions.

Save up and get something better.  They're chicom crap.  Seriously.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 7:40:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Super Sniper (many to choose from)

http://swfa.com/SWFA-SS-Scopes-C1719.aspx
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 7:53:15 PM EDT
[#8]
weaver 3x10x40 tactical sold by midway . usually on sale for 299.00 about once a month .

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 9:40:30 PM EDT
[#9]

SWFA.  SS 10x42  super sniper.  Tough as a tank.   Used in Iraq.  

Im ordering one this week.   Read the many reports about them.  Its probably

the best deal on scopes.    Cheap scopes are just like burning your money.  

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top