Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2012 12:32:22 AM EDT
Went to sheriffs dept 100 yd range I've found that this is a great combat low light no light optic. With 62g LC and 70 gr SSA TSX I was only able get around 2 - 2.5 moa. Maybe I was hoping for more but I believe with the triangle type reticule you really have to apply all fundamentals and train quite a bit. Getting the tip of triangle in the same spot for consistent groups is not like at all like fine cross hairs and if u don't step away from the rifle for a minute or 3 you can start playing mind games with yourself. I'm new to this optic and would like any tips on finding a sweet spot that will give me more consistent hits at or above 100 yards. Could be my battlecomp 1.0 I dunno. Anybody out there have this optic? It's mounted to a stag m8 + package 16 in. 1/7 4150 "free floated" DD piston omega rail in a bobro qd mount. I'm going to remove piston turn the regulator to single shot therefore it should technically be a bolt gun i wonder if groups could tighten up in this configuration?
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:47:28 AM EDT
[#1]
making it single shot will not make it the same as a bolt gun. Any effect this has on your groups is all in your head.

I think your original assumption is more accurate... you are getting used to a new scope, and really just need to apply the fundamentals.

Did you shoot this rifle with a different optic before?
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 11:56:07 AM EDT
[#2]
I think it's just me. I was wounded pretty bad in fallujah Iraq. I was in STA platoon ( no I didn't get a chance to get 8541 qualified) so I'm use to a high degree of proficiency when it comes to accuracy. No I don't believe it will ever be a bolt gun I was just trying to see if limiting any affect on barrel harmonics would tighten groups. It's been a long road to get where I can even shoulder a rifle so as u said I need more rounds down range to wring out every bit of accuracy I can from this platform. Stag is a great combat rifle and has run like a sewing machine for 800 rounds so let's not do the tier type comparison to other rifles. I wish I would have had this setup in combat. The swat guys were like " 2 moa that's awesome" but hitting a 350 lbs Russian boar in the ear at or above 100  150 meters is my end goal. Am I reaching to far? I can't handle the recoil of larger calibers bc of my situation . What is the moa on the tip of the triangle ? I would appreciate feedback preferably with someone who is running a rig ( 16 in bbl. With tr24)  if your a mil spec only type guy then check out the specs on a stag + package before you compare weenies.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:06:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Hi, I'm running the TR24G and it is a little harder to aim with the same level of precision as the Mil Dot reticle.  I've found that dialing down the fiber optic shade to black helps. Also, I'm not sure of your barrel but for my 14.5" BCM CHF 1-7, it likes 77gr SMKs. I can do 1MOA with this ammo.  For regular XM193, I usually shoot 2.5-3MOA at best.

ETA: The TR24 reticle is 16.7MOA at 1X and 4.2MOA at 4X.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:15:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks dude sounds like I should get some 77s to try out. I'm only going with the 70 gr tsx bc they are the most devastating round on an animal such as a boar so mon I'm going back with some larger colored targets to see if I can get a little better sight picture/sight alignment. Maybe Monday the stars will align and I cen cut the group down a little bit.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top