Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2011 5:51:35 PM EDT
My rifle is a Bushmaster M4 Patrolman's Carbine with a Quad-Rail.  I'd like to mount an Aimpoint PRO & Aimpoint 3X Magnifier on the receiver.  I know the Aimpoint PRO comes with a QRP2 Mount and for the Aimpoint 3X Magnifier I'd either be using the Aimpoint Twist Mount or a LaRue Pivot Mount.  I would also like to mount a Troy Flip-Up rear sight.

I'm trying to determine if I'll have room on the rail for this?  Or do you think I'll need more room and need a cantilever mount (Probably a LaRue LT129)?  Right now I only have a Magpul MBUS mounted on it and I'm having a really hard time eye-balling it to determine whether the stock Aimpoint PRO QRP2 Mount, Aimpoint Twist or LaRue Pivot Mount for the 3X Mag, and the BUIS will all fit?

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:02:11 PM EDT
[#1]
This rifle has a Comp M4, Aimpoint 3x with Larue flip mount, and VTAC (Troy) Rear.

The front 1/4 inch or so of the Comp M4 mount does hang over the upper and onto the rail. It's a small amount so I'm not concerned with any zero issues. My Larue flip mount is several years old and I know that their current models are slightly different but I don't know if they take up more/less rail space.

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:32:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I also run a Aimpoint M4s with a Aimpoint magnifier W/ a Twistmount.  The mount I use for the M4s is a Bobro mount.  The M4s sits just a little forward of upper receiver in order to fit the magnifier.  The Troy BUIS fit perfect under the magnifier and my magnifier lines up perfectly with the M4s.  If you rail system is monolithic it shouldn't be a problem them.  If you have a Larue rail then you might face a problem. unless you can keep everything on the upper receiver.

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 7:33:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice pics

While I'm at it and you guys are posting pics I should also ask...

Are the setups your posting absolute co-witness or 1/3?

Its helpful to know because I am also interesting in the LaRue Pivot Mounts, and they offer a "Short" for Absolute and a Tall for 1/3.  If I were to be able to fit my Aimpoint PRO in the QRP2 Mount...then that means I'd need to pick up a "Short" LaRue Pivot Mount.  If I end up needing to go with the LaRue Cantilever for the Aimpoint, then I'll need to get the "Tall" mount.

I'm a bit concerned about the "Tall" Pivot Mount as I've read a few people saying that the "New" tall mount sticks out too far and they didn't like it as much.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 12:22:24 AM EDT
[#4]
My setup is an absolute co witness.  My BUIS line up perfectly with my M4s.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 3:20:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My setup is an absolute co witness.  My BUIS line up perfectly with my M4s.

+1
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 7:57:54 AM EDT
[#6]
I just found this pic online:

I'd go with the cantilever mount and magnifier pivot mount. Looks like there's PLENTY of room for BUIS and you would not have to worry about mounting the Aimpoint further forward than necessary.
Link Posted: 10/4/2011 6:40:08 AM EDT
[#7]

po-boy in there in pic, but aimpoint thats in there now fits the same.  AD-68 mount on the ML3
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top