Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2011 8:47:46 PM EDT
I know there are some of you out there that own the Leupold Deltapoint and wanted some feedback on reliability.  

I plan to purchase one for my Benelli M4 for the following reasons:
1. No on-off - any motion will automatically activate it (one less thing to worry about at 3AM)
2. Quick - eyes will pick it up easier that my EO Tech
3. Size and weight

Please keep in mind that my wife is no gun "expert" and she will also use the Benelli M4. When we used it at the range, I noticed it always took her a few seconds to acquire the reticle of my EO Tech. Although she said the Benelli M4 shot softer than my FN TPS shotgun (which has the C-MORE) , she seemed to hesitate every time she tried to acquire the reticle of the EO Tech. When she used my 410GA/.22 LR with the Burris Fastfire, she picked that up without any hesitation (hint for me to try something like it).  Anyway, I don't trust the BURRIS in critical applications and I prefer the Leupold in that I'm pretty sure it's better than the Burris (which requires manual on/off).

Size and weight is an issue as my wife is 5' and less than 100lbs.

Anyway, I would like your thoughts on the Deltapoint - and chime in on my employment with the Deltapoint on my Benelli - if you have some experience with optics on a Benelli M4.

BTW - before the EO Tech fans try to burn me for my decision, I deployed with one and never had an issue.  I love it and in CQB, think the world of it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:55:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 4:11:22 PM EDT
[#2]
For the money.. get your wife her own 20 gauge with a white light and ghost ring sights and a LOP on the stock that fits her... if your serious.. About the cost of the delta point...
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:07:24 PM EDT
[#3]
CSTactical: Thanks Mason - this confirms my opinion of the Deltapoint and great video. Your web site always has great tips and reviews.

Harv: A good idea - one that I will consider on my next trip to the gun store.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:24:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

For the money.. get your wife her own 20 gauge with a white light and ghost ring sights and a LOP on the stock that fits her... if your serious.. About the cost of the delta point...

Aren't Delta Points around $400?

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 10:12:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top