Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2011 9:23:52 AM EDT
I wanna try out one of the Primary Arms scopes, and the gun I want to put it on is a 16" DPMS bull barreled upper (5.56) with flip-up BUIS.

What says the group? Too much scope? I think my max range with this is going to be about 300 yards. Should I get their 3-9x40?
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 9:35:41 AM EDT
[#1]
What are you going to do? Thats the driving factor.

Are you trying to knock out the 1" circle on paper or put a round into a hogs vitals? I dont want to sound condescending here but you havent told us anything about the intended use. It would be the similar as saying "Is a Mustang the right car for me?" and not giving any of the intended uses. As a daily driver yeah, to haul 4 kids to school not so much......
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 9:58:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Fair enough. Target shooting. I don't have a 1000 yard range handy, and the range I like to go to, has 300 yd max lanes.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:18:29 AM EDT
[#3]
I would feel comfortable with 9x at 300 yds.  YMMV

Some people need more magnification.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 12:35:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Fair enough. Target shooting. I don't have a 1000 yard range handy, and the range I like to go to, has 300 yd max lanes.

For target shooting, and this is my personal preference mind you, I like something around 10-15 power.

Seems this scope would be a good fit for that.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top