Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2010 6:21:48 AM EDT
I hate to cross post (http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=382&t=194370&page=1), but concerned I won't get much visiablity in the DD forum.  Here is the text of the original post:

Was at the range yesterday and one task was to sight in my DDM4 upper's BUIS's. I have the standard "F" FSB and the A1.5 rear on a 16" DDM4 upper.

Since I already had my targets set up at 25m to sight in another rifle's BUIS, I tried the DDM4 also. I was about 4" low and slightly to the right. I forgot to look up sight adjustment info before I left the house. I could not find any details on the DD website. Two questions:

1) Since the rear BUIS is a mix of A1 sight adjustment and A2 aperature, what is the proper way to adjust it? I started with the small peep sight and rotated the dial to index between the 3 & 4 numbers.

2) FSB adjustment. I tried to use an older front sight tool (I think its an A1 since I used the opposite end (the big end) to adjust the rear BUIS) and could not get the front post to move.

I ultimatly plan to use a 200 yd BSZ (50 yd sight in), but first need to know how to adjust the front and back!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top