Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2009 6:45:31 AM EDT
I paid $80 for a Comp M2 clone. The red dot is high and to the right and there are no adjustment screws or dials. So, until I buy a real Aimpoint, I'll need to buy a new mount for it - a mount that is adjustable (assuming such things exist).

Do they make adjustable mounts so I can properly align my red dot?

What are some recommendations?

Thanks all.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:53:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Sucker - HA HA HA.

What do you call it now NOAimeePoint. This is the best advertisment Aimpoint could get.

I love this when this happens to people.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:58:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Long story short, such mounts dont exist.

Return that POS.  If you're going to buy a clone, there are better ones out there than that....
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:03:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Clones are a waste of money, get rid of it and get the real thing. You get what you pay for and you paid for junk....
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:11:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the advice and opinions.

I'm going to give you all the benefit of the doubt and assume you missed the part of my post where I said "UNTIL I BUY A REAL AIMPOINT". Because, if you did read (and actually comprehend) it, it would be pretty stupid to then tell me to buy a real Aimpoint. I'm not talking about all of you - just the dumb fucks that told me to buy an aimpoint or laughed at me for not buying and Aimpoint after I already said I was planning on buying an Aimpoint.

Because it might take me a month or so to shake loose the money needed for my Aimpoint, I was hoping that adjustable mounts existed that could tide me over.

Thanks again for the helpful replies.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:05:40 AM EDT
[#5]
A sucker is born every minute! next time you want to throw away 80.00 send it to me and I 'll dispose of it properly. With a question like that you should be in a airsoft forum not here......
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:22:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:59:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have never seen a 30mm mount that externally adjusts for windage and elevation. I also have never seen even a cheap red point like that. Sounds like you got sold some kind if airsoft scope? Throw it out I guess. You SURE there are no adjustments? That's just bizarre even for a pos scope? Can you post a picture?

Sure, I'll post some pics when I get home.

After completing my build (LMT upper, RRA lower DPMS LPK, KAC M4 RAS, Magpul ACS stock, Matech BUIS) I didn't have enough to buy a real Aimpoint so I spent $80 to at least get an optic. The optic was ~ $60 with shipping and the mount was ~ $20 with shipping.  I also have a Colt 6920.

I knew I was buying a cheap placeholder optic and I knew I'd be getting good optics when I could afford it.

ETA: Pics not necessary. Others posted photos below.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:40:43 AM EDT
[#8]
If you want a usable clone return yours and get This
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:10:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That's the one I got. That is the website where I bought it. I was guessing on the pricing from memory - I was close.
I couldn't find out how to adjust it.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:15:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the one I got. That is the website where I bought it. I was guessing on the pricing from memory - I was close.

Screw those little caps that are connected to the bikini off and adjust.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:20:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Screw those little caps that are connected to the bikini off and adjust.

Every cap I unscrewed had a battery beneath it. What do you mean by "bikini"? I bought this because it seemed to be a well received alternative to Aimpoint. It just didn't ship with any instructions and every cap I took off had a battery underneath.

I appreciate the help. It's good to know that this is adjustable. I just couldn't figure out how to do it.

So, what is the bikini?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:28:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:30:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:38:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:40:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
http://www.primaryarms.com/images/M3LOW.jpg

See the cap on the black disk on the side and the one on the top that have the rubbery plastic doohickey attached to them? Those are windage and elevation, you just screw off the caps  

Shit - that's too easy
I guess the batteries that are under the caps are extras?  

I probably wouldn't feel so stupid if it shipped with instructions

ETA: THANK YOU!
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 11:21:48 AM EDT
[#16]
With answers like most of what he got I'm surprised anybody ever stays on this site. When anybody comes here and asks for help, the smart thing to do would be to give him advice, not shit.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 11:47:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
With answers like most of what he got I'm surprised anybody ever stays on this site. When anybody comes here and asks for help, the smart thing to do would be to give him advice, not shit.

Did somebody hurt your feelings....

The best advice would have been to shoot the irons until you can buy a real optic, clones are for suckers...period.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 1:17:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

This site weeds out people with thin skin - social Darwinism on a micro scale. I approve!

I am a blind idiot! What I thought were batteries under the caps were, of course, the adjustment screws. In my defense, I have a fairly new contact lens prescription that works great for seeing things farther than 3 or 4 feet away but they have forced me to need reading glasses. When I took those covers off, I saw batteries! The adjustment screwdriver slots looked like "minus" symbols for the battery.

Please feel free to refer to this thread as you see fit.

Thanks again for those that actually helped - Arfcom has yet to let me down.

This optic isn't that bad at all.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 1:31:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Sucker - HA HA HA.

What do you call it now NOAimeePoint. This is the best advertisment Aimpoint could get.

I love this when this happens to people.

Why do you get pleasure from stuff like this?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 2:50:25 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

The best advice would have been to shoot the irons until you can buy a real optic, clones are for suckers...period.

Responses such as this offer no value to anyone other that increasing the author's post count.  I'm getting annoyed with people think that unless a piece of equipment has one of the big brand names on the side and costs half a grand or more its a piece of junk.   You want to know who the real suckers are?  The people who pay over $500 for a tool where a $70 one would have worked just fine.

I'm not here to argue that the $500 dollar tool isn't any better, I'm sure it is.  I'm also not here to say that some of the knock-offs aren't junk, I'm sure SOME are.  However I'm pretty certain 95% of people who own one of the high dollar optics have no need for that class of equipment.  If you WANT to have the high-end unit that's fine but unless you use that weapon to perform your job (LEO, military, etc) you probably don't NEED it and you will be suited just fine with one of the reputable "clones".  If you have the money to spend and you want to spend it that way, go right ahead, its your money, but stop belittling people who choose to save their money and get something that gets you a hell of a lot more bang for the buck.  Honestly, are you so afraid of realizing that you needlessly spent your money?  Does telling people that you think they made a bad decision make you feel better about, what I suspect is, your own poor decision?

I own both high-end brand name optics, and several Primary Arms clones.  I'm yet to have any of the clones fail me, they have been worth every penny I've spent on them, and I fully intend to purchase more.  My high-end optics have also worked up to my expectations.  Looking back on my purchases if I could do anything differently I might have saved some money and spent less on the high-end stuff.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 2:59:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Responses such as this offer no value to anyone other that increasing the author's post count.  I'm getting annoyed with people think that unless a piece of equipment has one of the big brand names on the side and costs half a grand or more its a piece of junk.   You want to know who the real suckers are?  The people who pay over $500 for a tool where a $70 one would have worked just fine.

I'm not here to argue that the $500 dollar tool isn't any better, I'm sure it is.  I'm also not here to say that some of the knock-offs aren't junk, I'm sure SOME are.  However I'm pretty certain 95% of people who own one of the high dollar optics have no need for that class of equipment.  If you WANT to have the high-end unit that's fine but unless you use that weapon to perform your job (LEO, military, etc) you probably don't NEED it and you will be suited just fine with one of the reputable "clones".  If you have the money to spend and you want to spend it that way, go right ahead, its your money, but stop belittling people who choose to save their money and get something that gets you a hell of a lot more bang for the buck.  Honestly, are you so afraid of realizing that you needlessly spent your money?  Does telling people that you think they made a bad decision make you feel better about, what I suspect is, your own poor decision?

I own both high-end brand name optics, and several Primary Arms clones.  I'm yet to have any of the clones fail me, they have been worth every penny I've spent on them, and I fully intend to purchase more.  My high-end optics have also worked up to my expectations.  Looking back on my purchases if I could do anything differently I might have saved some money and spent less on the high-end stuff.

Sorry, all I got out of that was "I don't mind screwing Americans out of their jobs while I support the Chinese economy"......

This happens everyday on Arf, someone pretending they want a budget optic and defending their clone purchase.  Guess what, there are plenty of budget optics that don't rip off other companies.  This isn't a "buy only expensive gear comment" it's a "quit buying gear that screws other companies out of their intelectual property" comment  You people buy clones because you want to impress your friends, not because you don't want to spend the money for a quality optic because you think they are overpriced.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:17:01 PM EDT
[#22]
What ever, who the fuck are you to even imply someone elses motivation for buying something "cheaper". Your egos  must be compensating for those little tiny peckers you have.

What about M4-forgeries, etc. Or anyone else buying or building a gun that isn't made by the original designer. Get the fuck over yourself.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:27:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
What ever, who the fuck are you to even imply someone elses motivation for buying something "cheaper". Your egos  must be compensating for those little tiny peckers you have.

What about M4-forgeries, etc. Or anyone else buying or building a gun that isn't made by the original designer. Get the fuck over yourself.

Haha, that was convincing...how many M4geries say Colt on the side that are not in fact made by Colt?  Big difference.  Your logic is flawed and your childish rant above tells me all I need to know about you my friend

Again nothing against budget optics, there are plenty that are solid.  The issue is those who want those budget optics to say names like Aimpoint and EOTech on the side.  Go ahead, explain to me how that isn't true  Sorry, ya can't!
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:28:30 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Sorry, all I got out of that was "I don't mind screwing Americans out of their jobs while I support the Chinese economy"......
This happens everyday on Arf, someone pretending they want a budget optic and defending their clone purchase.  Guess what, there are plenty of budget optics that don't rip off other companies.  This isn't a "buy only expensive gear comment" it's a "quit buying gear that screws other companies out of their intelectual property" comment

You people buy clones because you want to impress your friends, not because you don't want to spend the money for a quality optic because you think they are overpriced.

This happens everyday on Arf, someone pretending they need a high-end optic and defending their wasteful purchase.

Honestly I hope my friends are impressed, not because I have something that is similar to a high-en optic, but that I didn't spend my money needlessly. I don't try to hide the fact that what I own is a clone, hell I'm proud of it. I bet there are people who buy a clone, try to pawn it off as something isn't, just to impress people. However I think you are making a pretty big generalization that everybody does that. I look at my budget and I get what think will do the job the best for the money I have to spend.

I'm all for supporting US made products, when they have a competitive offering. However those opportunities are becoming few and far between. You say there are plenty of budget optics that "don't rip off other companies", care to give some examples?

If you are going to start limiting yourself to only US made products you aren't going to have much to buy.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:41:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haha, that was convincing...how many M4geries say Colt on the side that are not in fact made by Colt?  Big difference.  Your logic is flawed and your childish rant above tells me all I need to know about you my friend

Again nothing against budget optics, there are plenty that are solid.  The issue is those who want those budget optics to say names like Aimpoint and EOTech on the side.  Go ahead, explain to me how that isn't true  Sorry, ya can't!

please show me where any of primary arms budget optics are sold as/or even come with the words aimpoint or eotech on them.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:46:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Quoted:

This happens everyday on Arf, someone pretending they want a budget optic and defending their clone purchase.  Guess what, there are plenty of budget optics that don't rip off other companies.  This isn't a "buy only expensive gear comment" it's a "quit buying gear that screws other companies out of their intelectual property" comment  You people buy clones because you want to impress your friends, not because you don't want to spend the money for a quality optic because you think they are overpriced.

This happens everyday on Arf, someone pretending they need a high-end optic and defending their wasteful purchase.

Honestly I hope my friends are impressed, not because I have something that is similar to a high-en optic, but that I didn't spend my money needlessly. I don't try to hide the fact that what I own is a clone, hell I'm proud of it. I bet there are people who buy a clone, try to pawn it off as something isn't, just to impress people. However I think you are making a pretty big generalization that everybody does that. I look at my budget and I get what think will do the job the best for the money I have to spend.

I'm all for supporting US made products, when they have a competitive offering. However those opportunities are becoming few and far between. You say there are plenty of budget optics that "don't rip off other companies", care to give some examples?

If you are going to start limiting yourself to only US made products you aren't going to have much to buy.

Bushnell, Burris, Millet and many others all make decent optics that don't have other companies names on the side.  I'm glad you guys can convince yourselves you have made the right decision with your optic choices.  

Competitive offering?  Are you serious?  American companies put in the work, the funding and the research to develop a product.  The chinese come along, copy it, build it with cheap components and sell it for less.  That is your competitive offering??  You are a piece of work my friend...
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:47:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Marksman14, CBags04, marmilia, kwrangin and Aimless posted responses relative to the OP's question.  

TNyoteboy is absolutely right in what he said...  This is a Technical form not GD.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:51:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

please show me where any of primary arms budget optics are sold as/or even come with the words aimpoint or eotech on them.

You got me, it's only sold as a M3 clone

Primary Arms M3 clone

Sorry, working for one of those American companies that the Chinese clone on a daily basis is a little annoying.  But, it is entertaining when people who buy the clones try to send them in for repair work...happens at least once a week
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:33:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Competitive offering?  Are you serious?  American companies put in the work, the funding and the research to develop a product.  The chinese come along, copy it, build it with cheap components and sell it for less.  That is your competitive offering??  You are a piece of work my friend...[/div]

Ummm, isn't Aimpoint a Swedish company?

Just seems kinda odd to be throwing out the ole red white and blue "save our jobs" bit when the company being cloned isn't even American.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:20:39 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Competitive offering?  Are you serious?  American companies put in the work, the funding and the research to develop a product.  The chinese come along, copy it, build it with cheap components and sell it for less.  That is your competitive offering??  You are a piece of work my friend...

Since is turns out Aimpoint isn't even an American company anyway, what was your argument?

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:23:28 PM EDT
[#31]
name calling, profanity, warnings issued
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top