Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2009 5:13:58 PM EDT
Just wondering which back up iron sight to put on my RRA 9mm..... I am debating over the Magpul MBUS set or A.R.M.S. #41 B/L front sight and  A.R.M.S. #41L rear!!!!! I am gearing more towards the A.R.M.S. but let me know what ya think
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 5:30:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Search for ARMS, lawsuit and LaRue and make your decision.

Signed,
former ARMS customer, new Magpul customer and continued LaRue fanboy.
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 6:27:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I like the ARMS sights better. Lower profile,solid.I must be the only person that does not have a hate for all things SWAN.

Just remember, they are "backup" sights. I bet it has been two years since I flipped my 40l.
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 6:52:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd vote MBUS... I love how quickly they deploy and seem to be really solid...

plus Swan is a Dick, so....
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 7:03:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Well...I am definately and seriously thinking of not buying A.R.M.S. now do to "Mr. Swan being a royal f@#$ing deuschebag from becoming sue happy. I understand defending yourself from an employee who robbed a patent but to sue larue over using the trademark "1" and "7".......come on Lokks like i will have to look at larue as well and compare them to magpul
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 7:08:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Neither, get Troy.
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 10:22:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'd vote MBUS... I love how quickly they deploy and seem to be really solid...

plus Swan is a Dick, so....

+1

Love the MBUS!
I have two sets, one on a AR57 and one on a 458 SOCOM. they're solid, they work, and the price is easy on the wallet.

... plus A.R.M.S. are sue happy bozo's, they also have a suit against Magpul, you can read about it in the Magpul industry forum.
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 11:18:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I would go with the ARMS #41.  I've never heard one bad reivew about that BUIS.  It's been around....seen combat and such.  Rock solid.  Heard mixed reviews about the MBUS.  FWIW...
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 12:07:21 AM EDT
[#8]
if you are thinking of buying ARMS buy Troy, much better
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 2:10:33 AM EDT
[#9]
I just got a mbus rear site and like it alot.
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 3:42:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Out of the two, Magpul all the way.  I like my MBUS.  Besides that, Dick Swan is a piece of shit and shouldn't get a cent of your money.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 9:35:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Out of the two, Magpul all the way.  I like my MBUS.  Besides that, Dick Swan is a piece of shit and shouldn't get a cent of your money.

+1 on Dick swan being a piece of shit I didn't know that until i posted this topic and now i am considering troy....just a little pricy

BTW...Love your avatar ...... Enemy at the Gates is one of my favorite movies
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:01:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Magpul, or anything else but arms. They suck.

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:16:37 AM EDT
[#13]
At this point I wouldn't use arms, even if it were free.  Just my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 6:19:51 AM EDT
[#14]
My Magpul MBUS rear sight has a tiny bit of play in it from side to side. It is barely noticable but still.  Good sight for $40, though. I'd buy it again at that price but would like to upgrade to something made of metal eventually. YMMV
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top