Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2009 8:11:20 AM EDT
OK, so here's the situation:  

I "need" to buy another ACOG for a 12.5" 6.8 which will be used primarily for feral hog hunting.

I already own an 11F for my nearly identically configured 5.56 SBR, and it is absolutely wonderful.

The new one will also be an 11 series, since the combination of ER, FoV, and EP cannot be topped by any of the other ACOG's IMHO.  It will also have a red reticle.

I am still working on the appropriate BDC calibration, but since both of the reticles being considered are available in either .223 or .308, let's "park" that consideration.

I am thinking about either an 11/11C donut or an 11J/11J308 crosshair.

I have tried the donut with a 31, but have never seen a crosshair version firsthand.

if someone could post a through tube pic of the J with some reference point in the FoV, it would be most appreciated.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/28/2009 3:28:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Bump for the weekday shift.  Surely someone has a crosshair ACOG that they can post a reticle pic of?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/28/2009 3:27:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Page 5 and 6 show them all. http://www.trijicon.com/pdfs/ACOG_Specs.pdf
Link Posted: 7/28/2009 3:49:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the link, but have been there, done that, got the T-shirt.

ACOG reticles do not quite look like the illustrations in real lfe based upon my experience.  Don't get me wrong, I think that they are great, but as Sharon Stone might say, "just not the same" as a through tube pic.  
Link Posted: 7/28/2009 4:21:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Did you look at the sticky thread at the top of this forum with reticle pictures?
Link Posted: 7/28/2009 4:31:29 PM EDT
[#5]
try this

hope this helps!
Link Posted: 7/28/2009 4:41:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Again thanks, but my "google'ing" as well as afrcom searching has also yielded a bunch of TA01 stuff.  Maybe my google-fu is fu'd?

The J reticle is fundamentally different than that, as the 11's also have BAC.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 12:27:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I found this TA31F-G reticle online. (Sorry, this isnt what your looking for)

Link Posted: 8/1/2009 12:32:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Murder, could you post or IM me pics of the ta11 mounted on your rifle if you have any? I was thinking of getting the same scope with the donut reticle.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 7:50:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Murder, could you post or IM me pics of the ta11 mounted on your rifle if you have any? I was thinking of getting the same scope with the donut reticle.

No wahalla:

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 9:28:10 AM EDT
[#10]
I can give you all the pics of the TA31RCO-M4 Chevron reticle that you want... I struck out finding crosshair reticle pics too.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 9:35:09 AM EDT
[#11]
I went ahead and ordered the 11J, but unfortunately it sounds like it will probably take as long to receive as a tax stamp.    

Patience is a virtue, and those without out it shouldn't quest hard-to-find items.  Hopefully, I'll be able to post some reticle pics in a few months.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top