Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2008 2:04:29 PM EDT
I've seen these here and there while shopping around. Looks very similar to the Aimpoint T1, and from what I have seen thus far about one third the price Does anyone have one of these? It does have a name behind it so it should be pretty good. The cheapest I have seen has been 175.00. I may order a few for that price. I would like to know where it is made (please anywhere but China). The price makes you wonder a little bit.
Link Posted: 12/25/2008 2:07:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm guessing China...
Link Posted: 12/25/2008 2:22:59 PM EDT
[#2]
My daughter just got one for her 10/22 from a friend as a Christmas gift.  I'll be sure to post anything interesting.

FWIW, I was thinking about posting the same question.
Link Posted: 12/25/2008 9:43:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
... It does have a name behind it so it should be pretty good. ...

I’m formerly a big fan of Sig-Sauer (and my current CCW is a Sig), but they’ve gone downhill IMHO and I wouldn’t trust that anything is good based solely on their name being on it.

I’ve read in other threads here that it’s made in China, but that is simply speculation.

Interesting (if rather rancorous) thread on this topic over at Sigforum:  
http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/6241083141/p/1

Even a lot of Sig aficionados seem very unhappy about this sight.
Link Posted: 12/26/2008 9:07:49 AM EDT
[#4]
While I can't speak to its reliability in the long term on a 5.56mm rifle, I can say that this little sight tracks well and holds zero on a .22LR, as I put a zero on it and fired lots of subsonics this morning.

It may be a cheap copy of Aimpoint's product, but it seems to fit my daughter's needs in this very specific role.  The dot is pretty big, though.
Link Posted: 12/26/2008 12:23:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
... It does have a name behind it so it should be pretty good. ...

I’m formerly a big fan of Sig-Sauer (and my current CCW is a Sig), but they’ve gone downhill IMHO and I wouldn’t trust that anything is good based solely on their name being on it.

I’ve read in other threads here that it’s made in China, but that is simply speculation.

Interesting (if rather rancorous) thread on this topic over at Sigforum:  
http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/6241083141/p/1

Even a lot of Sig aficionados seem very unhappy about this sight.

Wow! The same chinese clone on Ebay for 40 bucks. I am so shocked Sig would claim it as their own and have an MSRP of over 400.00.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top