Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2008 6:27:03 PM EDT
I have "older" eyes now. I can't focus on my A2 sights with comfort or confidence, so I'm looking for sighting options. But, I have a few questions I hope ya'll can help with.

Red dots:  The way I understand it, the dot must be kept in the center of the scope or the POI will be off (unlike an EoTech)  If true, this would bug me.

Scopes:  I'd want a smaller size scope of good quality, say about 2-4X. But I want enough eye relief that I can mount it forward enough to not interfere with the charging handle. I tried my pistol scope, but that eye relief was WAY too long.

I've shot an EoTech and loved it, but it's out of my price range.

FWIW, whatever I get will mounted on a Bushie M4A3. I have the removable carry handle and standard front sight. I can use blocks to raise the scope up enough that the front sight isn't an issue. I tried mounting my Nikon 3-9x40 this way and it worked fine, but getting to the charging handle was impossible when the scope was set for proper eye relief. I also don't want that long of an optic on my gun.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:47:06 PM EDT
[#1]
MeOpta K Dot is your absolutely best bet.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 7:59:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Trijicon Accupoint (TR-21) in a La Rue extended SPR-E mount

There are other reticles available right now...red and yellow triangle with BAC plus the German #4 Cross hairs & Mil dots (I think)

http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/Categories.bok?category=Optic+and+Mount+Combos%3ATrijicon

Sounds like after SHOT Show '09 they will have a 1-4 30mm main tube and a few more reticle
options

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top