Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2008 6:37:42 PM EDT
I've got two of their lower-end scopes that have been plinked to death sitting here, and wanted to know if anyone else had experience with their warranty department.
Did they repair/replace yours? Tell you it was out of warranty? Point and laugh?
Scope 1: Loose reticle, you can hear it rattle.
Scope 2: Magnificantion adjustment ring is locked up tight. Like tighter than Fort Knox.
-Hobbit
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 10:00:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Cut and paste from my last post on this thread:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=297384&page=21

UPDATE

Ok, for those that care or remember I bought a Bushnell Trophy MP from Opticsplanet back in March. I've still yet to see one that works. Or anything actually.

Quick recap: Got the scope, reticle was crooked as a politician, I got a return number and sent it back. 6 weeks later (they said wait 4-6 weeks) I call them to see how my scope was doing only to be told they never got it (this was after having to make several calls to get them to send me a return label, as this was a factory defect they wanted me to pay postage both ways!). After giving them the tracking # and telling them who signed for it, they admitted getting it on March 18th and offered to replace my now vanished scope with a new one. In mid-June. As it was April at the time, I was not pleased, so they offered me a choice of the other Bushnell products, none of which I really wanted.

Some time passes, I keep calling to find out if the Trophy MP is going to come any sooner, so they agree to send me a Holosight instead, but it has to be the camo one as the black isn't going to be in stock till mid-June. Fairly happy with this upgrade, I agree and wait patiently. Then I call a bit later, get told to wait two more weeks and do so.

So, I call this Monday to find out what's going on. Turns out the BLACK model is in stock (the one I wanted) but the camo isn't, but they didn't bother to send one out to me, just left me hanging. They "remedy" this, change my order to the black one and tell me it will be right out. I ask for a tracking # (I'm learning!) to be emailed to me, as I am less than confident Bushnell will do a damn thing for me at this point. So, I'm calling today (two days later, after being told it was shipping that day, specially expedited due to my long, long wait) and getting no answer. No email, no tracking #, nothing.

WORSE YET, I bought a Tasco Pro-Point to slap on my Bubba SKS's Molot rail for shits and giggles (I've got a Romak PSO on the way for that Slav-Bubba look) and what do I find in the sodding box? A FUCKING BUSHNELL WARRANTY CARD. Yeah, I'm so dumb I didn't realise Tasco was a Bushnell brand. Yay.

Q) How happy am I?

A) Not very. Better than I was. Apparently if you call enough times, they actually ship something. According to UPS and Bushnell, there is a Holosight that will be delivered to me tomorrow. What's the betting it's faulty? :)

So basically I'm getting a better sight (theoretically) than I paid for and when she called me back today after forgetting to call me back yesterday, she is also sending me a Bushnell rain jacket.  BUT, I had to piss and moan since mid-March to get anything done.  I have called Bushnell at least 20 times.  I have been lied to, had smoke blown up my ass and generally ignored until I called again.  Send anything in at your own risk and call, call, call, call, call.  If they say 4-6 weeks call every week and follow it up, or it will vanish into the morass and you'll be left hanging.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 5:48:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I gave my dad a used Super Sniper 10x side focus for his birthday and the side focus went tits up.  Sent it to Bushnell with a check for $10 and they sent me a new side focus 10x Super Sniper.  

Can't beat that!  

-X
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 6:53:52 AM EDT
[#3]
height=8
...if anyone else had experience with their warranty department...

I had a Bushnell binocular at least 5 years old with a loose prism inside. They not only honored the warranty, but the replacement they sent me is a newer, higher grade version. Happy camper.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 6:30:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I've had some family members that have used their warranty with them and had good luck.
Link Posted: 6/21/2008 12:13:09 PM EDT
[#5]
We'll see how it goes for me. I sent them both off this week.
I didn't know that Bushnell had so many lines out there...
-Hobbit
Link Posted: 6/21/2008 4:56:36 PM EDT
[#6]
they were affliated with  Blackhawk until this year.  They have thier fingers in lots of companies people dont know about.
Link Posted: 6/27/2008 4:47:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quick update:
They got the scopes processed on the 23rd, I got the service card and number on both today (3 days later). Looks like everything is going as they outline it on the website.
Current wait is listed at 3-4 weeks. We shall see...
-Hobbit
Link Posted: 7/6/2008 7:45:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Update 2:
1 scope is a warranty repair, looks like I get a new scope because it says "replacement item on order". Excellent. I figure that this was the loose reticle scope.
The other scope is listed as a non-warranty repair, and the site says that they are sending me an estimate letter for repairs.
The amount of those repairs is more than the selling price of the scope at a couple of online vendors.

Looks like they're on top of things still, and I'll see what the letter says when it arrives. Hopefully, it will have more details than the website.
I am happy about the replacement scope... we'll see how long until it arrives.
-Hobbit
Link Posted: 7/11/2008 2:16:06 PM EDT
[#9]
On July 9, I get a brand-new scope in the mail complete with covers and a lens cloth. It's nice, and I'm really happy with it and the speed with which they got it to me.
I have yet to receive a letter on the other scope to tell me what the deal is. Will keep you posted.
-Hobbit
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 7:35:23 PM EDT
[#10]
glad to hear they are taking care of you!
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:59:50 AM EDT
[#11]
I was told on the phone that bushnell/tasco/meade is the same place
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top