Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/3/2007 9:55:18 PM EDT
Shopping for a low power variable for three-gun type matches and came across this scope.

Has anyone here tried one? Price seems OK, but I don't know that I'm sold on the "firefly" reticle....but, I haven't looked through one to make up my mind. I have been wanting a Millet DMS, but since they seem to all be on backorder, I've been looking for other options.

So....any of you guys have one??

Thanks, Boo
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:10:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I have an Elite 4200 1.5-6x36mm Firefly.
It's a nice scope, the Firefly reticle kicks ass.  It's a shame scope manufacturers weren't doing this years ago.  No batteries, no switches, just plain glow in the darkness.

Mine is mounted on a Browning BLR in 358 Winchester.

ETA - Don't wait until you have trouble seeing the reticle to "charge" it.  If you do, it will be so bright it will wash out the background.  I light mine up as soon as the Sun passes beyond the horizon.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 7:08:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the same scope as txgp17.  The scope is very clear and bright.  The firefly does work.  It is a little backawards though; the outside of the recticle is lit rather than the center.  The lighting does not last a long time; it would be good for shooting a deer during the last few minutes of daylight, but it would be no substitute for batteries at night.  The recticle is pretty thick, which is nice for snapp shooting.  It can be a hinderance at long ranges though.

I espcially like the Rainguard coating on these scopes; it really reduces fogging.

The scopes seem durable; mine is on a .375 H&H.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top