Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2007 12:30:04 PM EDT
I'm considering a supersniper 10x for my LR308 AP4 along with adding one of Victor's RDP(?) red dots along the side.   This rifle will be used for a backup to my other LR308 in a long range class next year.

Will the super sniper require a mount like the LaRue SPR or will a good set of rings do alright.   I've found with my Leupold Mk4 I could probably do without the SPR mount and just use the Mk4 rings but they'd be a bit close to the turrets.   I'll probably run a standard A2 stock.  
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 2:45:39 PM EDT
[#1]
If you have the A2 stock you might get by with rings, but with a nice natural aiming position the front ring will be right up to the turret.  I use a standard 1.5 SPR Larue mount w/SS 10x and it works perfectly for me.  I get a nice natural aiming position and the end of the scope lines up with the end of the charging handle.  If you like to put your nose to the charging handle you will need the extended Larue mount.  I use the fixed A2 stock so I put the scope were it lines up natural for me.

The Larue is the ticket if you switch between different optics.  I switch between the SS, Eotech, and a low powered scope.  Larue is the only game in town for me.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top