Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2007 3:22:52 PM EDT
I would like to add a scope or some other type optic to my BM 6.8mm M4.  I have been into irons my entire life, and know nothing about good scopes or optics, and need your expert opinion on what I should go with.  

I would feel most comfortable with a scope, I think, but would consider a red dot type optic.  I see pictures and footage of soldiers in Iraq with items mounted on their M4s.  What is the standard issue sight they are using, and is it any good?

Would like to stay under $500, but would consider something higher if it were cost effective.  Would like it for "targets" from 100-400 meters, but still be useful in an urban environment.  I do not baby my firearms, so durability and low maintenance would be a must.

Thanks for your help in advance.    
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:05:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Take a look at this thread..http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=280593

It's already tacked, but you may have missed it...

Quoted:
I would like to add a scope or some other type optic to my BM 6.8mm M4.  I have been into irons my entire life, and know nothing about good scopes or optics, and need your expert opinion on what I should go with.  

I would feel most comfortable with a scope, I think, but would consider a red dot type optic.  I see pictures and footage of soldiers in Iraq with items mounted on their M4s.  What is the standard issue sight they are using, and is it any good?

Would like to stay under $500, but would consider something higher if it were cost effective.  Would like it for "targets" from 100-400 meters, but still be useful in an urban environment.  I do not baby my firearms, so durability and low maintenance would be a must.

Thanks for your help in advance.    
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:43:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:48:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Wayne, check out this thread and visit the new 6.8SPC site.

68forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=44
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top