Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2007 4:18:59 AM EDT
I found a smoking deal on a Acog compact. It comes with the ability to mount to the carry handle. Now my AR has a removable carry handle. And I have been shooting iron sights for awhile until I found the optic I liked. I love the Acog compact. At first I was thinking of just mounting it the carry handle. That way I have magnified optics when needed and iron sights also (best of both worlds). But I know that co witnessing is a big deal. Everyone does it. So should I?? Seems silly to cowitness a magnified optic.

Looking for thoughts from the optic gurus.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 6:43:57 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I found a smoking deal on a Acog compact. It comes with the ability to mount to the carry handle. Now my AR has a removable carry handle. And I have been shooting iron sights for awhile until I found the optic I liked. I love the Acog compact. At first I was thinking of just mounting it the carry handle. That way I have magnified optics when needed and iron sights also (best of both worlds). But I know that co witnessing is a big deal. Everyone does it. So should I?? Seems silly to cowitness a magnified optic.

Looking for thoughts from the optic gurus.

You cannot 'co-witness' iron sights with a magnified optic, even a 1X one.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 7:28:43 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
But I know that co witnessing is a big deal. Everyone does it. So should I??

Do it if you find it helps your shooting. I run an Eotech on one of my carbines, and it cowitnesses with my BUIS, but I never really need it.

I have another carbine with a compact ACOG mounted on the carry handle. I drilled a new hole for mounting the ACOG further back (about an inch), as I found the mouth-to-charging-handle hold not friendly to my front teeth. YMMV.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top